The most delicious jam recipes from melon
From which only the hostesses do not manage to make jam for the winter. Perhaps this delicacy is prepared from almost everything that grows in the garden. This article will focus on melon jam.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
To make jam or jam from a melon, you need to choose unripe fruits without darkening. Their pulp should be dense, so that during cooking it does not turn into pulp.
Important! To get an unusual-looking jam, it is better to cut the pumpkin with a curly knife.
Selected pumpkins are thoroughly washed, peeled and peeled. The pulp is cut and immersed in boiling water for a couple of seconds, then poured over with cold water.
Jam recipes for winter melon
Here are some popular recipes for this unusual jam.
201 days 3 h
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Wash the fruit, dry it on a towel. Then you need to cut it into halves and remove the seed.
- Cut the pulp into medium-sized cubes. Fold the cubes into a large container.
- Pour sugar into this container. If the melon is not very sweet, then you can add it more than indicated in the recipe. If, on the contrary, it is very sweet, then at least sugar should be added.
- Take a blender and chop the pulp, turning it into a fragrant puree.
- Pour mashed potatoes into a saucepan and put on low heat.Boil it.
- Boil for 10-12 minutes. Leave to cool for 6 hours.
- Put the pan back on fire and boil for 10 minutes after boiling. Leave again for 6 hours. Repeat twice more.
- Pour hot jam into sterile jars and roll up. Turn the cans over the lids and let cool.
Important! When the jam cools, you do not need to cover it.
- Ripe, sweet, juicy and tender melon needs to be washed, peeled, seed.
- Cut the flesh into small cubes and fold them into a container.
- Wash apples and peel them from seeds, peel.
- Dice the fruit and fold it into a separate container. Pour lemon juice.
- Pour all the ingredients into a large saucepan, add sugar and, stirring, cook until thickened.
- Arrange the finished product in sterile jars, roll up and put upside down to cool.
Did you know? In Turkmenistan, annually on the second Sunday of August, the Day of the Turkmen melon is celebrated.
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Wash, peel the main ingredient.
- Cut its flesh into cubes.
- Wash the orange and cut the peel. It must be cleaned carefully so that only the topmost layer of the skin is removed. We need zest without a white layer so that it does not spoil the taste of the final product.
- Finely chop the zest and squeeze the juice out of the pulp.
- Pour sugar into a saucepan, pour water, fold the pieces of pumpkin. Add the juice and zest of the orange.
- Cut the vanilla pod, get the seed and sprinkle it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Put the pan on the fire and boil.Boil the contents of the pan for 50 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Sterilize the jars and pour hot jam into them. Roll up covers, turn over and wrap preservation. Leave to cool for a day.
Large stocks of homemade gourds can be stored in the cellar for 1-2 years. Small reserves for the winter (in the amount that will be eaten during the season) can be stored at room temperature.
Did you know? Yubari king — the most expensive melon variety in the world. This most juicy and sweet variety among all existing is grown in one place, in Japan, and sold at auctions for $ 20 thousand (a couple).
Gourds jam is tender and delicious in taste. Nobody can resist such a delicacy, so it can be safely harvested in large quantities. The main thing is to choose a delicious melon.