The most delicious recipes for pickling watermelon pickles in jars without sterilization
Watermelon - a favorite treat for both adults and children; It is tasty, juicy and healthy. True, you can save it for long. Long-term storage in winter is only possible with salting or pickling. You can find interesting recipes for salty dishes in jars in this article.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
To salting succeeded tasty, stored for a long time and bring benefits, you need to choose high-quality berries: ripe or slightly immature, medium in size, weighing 5-7 kg, with an average skin thickness, with a yellow tail. When pressed from above and below, they should make a crackling sound, when tapped, a dull sound.
Important! Overripe, large fruits with a thick skin are not suitable for pickling. Do not take those that have been incised or have cracks, plaque on the surface.
If you choose a high-quality watermelon in the months when the harvest is usually harvested - from the end of July to the end of August, then this product can be given to children. And one slice can be consumed even by a mother who is breastfeeding a child. It will help a woman recover faster after childbirth, saturate her exhausted body with the necessary vitamins and minerals.
It is undesirable to eat salted foods during hepatitis B. But if the mother of the newborn really wants a salty one, then why not, one piece will not hurt. This is evidenced by the favorite of many mothers, Dr. Evgeny Komarovsky. With only one condition - to clearly monitor the condition of the baby some time after feeding. It is best to try to introduce salted berries into the diet from the second or third month of lactation. In the first 4 weeks, the baby’s still imperfect digestive system may not be able to cope with the digestion of this product.
Important! Not everyone can eat salted watermelons. You can not eat them to those who have diseases of the kidneys and the genitourinary system, pregnant women, with individual intolerance. With caution, they should be taken with breastfeeding.
The preparation of berries consists in washing, drying and slicing them in the form of small slices, which will go through the neck of the jar. It is convenient to first divide the fruit into rings 3 cm thick, and then cut into triangles.
Recipes for harvesting watermelon in jars for the winter
Berries can be salted in several ways, including without sterilization, by the cold method and with various additives: honey, herbs, spices, citric acid. Ready pickles are well suited to both a feast and an everyday table. They like to have a drink of strong alcoholic drinks, it is served with potatoes, with a side dish, other types of pickles. It is great as an independent snack.
The classic recipe for salting watermelons without sterilization
5 liter cans 4 hours
- Cut the watermelon into triangles into jars.
- Pour boiling water into them.
- Cover with lids.
- After 3 hours, pour the water into the pan, add sugar and salt there.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Cook for two minutes.
- Pour the brine into the cans and roll the lids.
- Turn containers upside down.
- Cover with a blanket or blanket.
- After cooling, move to storage.
Did you know? The ancient Egyptians had a tradition of laying watermelons in the tombs during the burial of the pharaohs, because they believed that the dead would use them in the afterlife. Archaeologists found watermelon seeds in the tomb of Tutankhamun.
With herbs and spices
4 liter cans1–1.5 hours
- Prepare a brine: mix water with salt, boil, cool.
- Separate the watermelon pulp from the peel and cut into triangles.
- Chop greens, garlic, horseradish.
- Lay them in a deep container in layers, alternating watermelon pulp with greens.
- Top with hot pepper.
- Pour the brine and put the oppression on top.
- After 2-3 days, transfer the salting to sterilized jars.
- Pour cinnamon.
- Close with nylon covers.
- Store in a cold place.
3 three-liter cans1–1.5 hours
2-3 pcs. medium sized
- Pour honey into sterilized jars.
- Lay layers of unpeeled watermelon, garlic and dill, blackcurrant and cherry leaves in layers.
- A liter of water to salt, mix sugar, boil.
- After cooling to a warm temperature, pour into jars.
- Three days later, drain the brine. Boil and pour again into jars.
- Roll up the covers.
- Turn the cans upside down and wrap them with a blanket or blanket.
- After cooling, place in storage.
With citric acid
2 liter cans1.5 hours
- Put spices on the bottom of sterilized cans.
- Put watermelon slices on top.
- Pour freshly boiled water.
- After 25 minutes, drain the liquid and repeat the procedure again.
- Cook the marinade by boiling water with salt and sugar.
- Pour cans with hot marinade.
- Add citric acid.
- Roll up the covers.
- Turn the cans upside down and wrap.
- After cooling, send to storage.
Salted watermelons must be stored in cold conditions: in the cellar or in the refrigerator. The best packaging for them is a wooden tub. In the refrigerator storage in glass sealed containers is possible. Their use can be made throughout the winter.
Did you know? The Japanese, living on the island of Hokkaido, cultivate black watermelons. Such an unusual color made these berries the most expensive in the world. In 2008, one fruit was sold for 6 thousand 300 dollars.
So, salt watermelons for the winter can be quick and easy. Cooked according to the proposed recipes work out appetizing and healthy. They received rave reviews from seasoned chefs. Salty watermelon pulp can be used during lactation, but only in limited quantities and when monitoring the condition of the baby.