The most delicious recipes for harvesting canned watermelon for the winter
If you have more watermelons than you can eat for five days, then it is better to store them in the freezer, and with a very large amount - make preparations for the winter. From the pulp of watermelon prepare delicious jam, pickle it whole and slices, freeze to a solid state and much more. On simple ways to preserve watermelons, the best recipes for housewives with photos, read step by step further in the article.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
Harvesting watermelons begins in the summer and continues until the beginning of autumn. For canning, choose beautiful, ripe, juicy, but not ripened specimens. Discard immature, cracked, damaged by disease or with obscure stains. They are thoroughly washed. Further actions will depend on the specific recipe.
Only the flesh is extracted from the berries, leaving the crust intact for jelly, whole salt, and pieces are used in desserts and other homemade treats. Not all authors insist on the need to peel the fruit from the crust, but it is better to do this. It is necessary to cut about 5 mm, as this is too hard part.
Recipes for harvesting canned watermelons for the winter in banks
Among the possible ways to preserve the gourds, the main one is pickling. Salty aromatic watermelon will turn out no worse than traditional cucumbers. In winter, marmalade or marmalade will also come in handy, which are wonderful as a separate product, and are used to make unusual fruit cakes. Frozen slices will decorate cocktails or are suitable for salads.
With the addition of gelatin and wine, you can cook watermelon jelly. It is poured into a peel from a berry and served to the table. You can also make a smoothie of watermelon and banana, but you have to drink it fresh. Such products cannot be stored for long.
Did you know? The world's largest watermelon was grown by Chris Kent, a Tennessee farmer. This large berry weighed 159 kg. The record was recorded by the Guinness Book of Records in 2013 at the pumpkin festival in the United States.
If you roll up jam with the addition of orange slices, then the kids will surely like it and it will be perfectly preserved. About his delicate taste, you can safely say "lick your fingers." In summer, you can preserve watermelon honey, reminiscent of a thick confiture. To do this, separate and boil the pulp, obtaining a homogeneous mass. It will differ from ordinary amber honey in a more saturated coffee shade, but it will not yield in taste at all.
Classic recipe in jars
Canned watermelon with vinegar looks like tomatoes. It has a wonderful sweet and sour taste. It crunches perfectly and is suitable for use as a separate winter snack. This roll is prepared using the triple casting method.
1 can of 3 l2 h
Energy value per 100 g:
- Wash jars with soda and sterilize. Cut the washed watermelon into pieces, remove the peel (about 5 mm thick). Bones can be removed or left. Put the pieces in prepared jars.
- Prepare the spices. It can be cinnamon, peppercorns, bay leaves, cloves and other herbs. Boil the water and fill it with the contents of the can. To cover with a lid. Leave on for 20–25 minutes.
- Drain the water from the can. Boil and pour over the marinade again. Leave on for 20 minutes.
- Drain the marinade into the pan. Add spices to the jar. Add salt, sugar and vinegar to the marinade and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour boiling marinade. Close the lid and seal. Wrap the product with a blanket until it cools.
Classic recipe in cans Video recipe: Classic recipe in cans
For salty snacks, it is recommended to use watermelons with pink pulp. They are less crumbly.After salting, they will have a more harmonious sweet and sour taste. You can always try replacing vinegar with lemon juice if you don't like its taste too much. It will take about 1.5 tablespoons per jar.
Without sterilization, they are always prepared according to the pouring method. This recipe is considered classic, because it serves as the basis for other recipes. They differ in a set of spices and the fact that vinegar can be replaced with 1.5 teaspoons of citric acid for each can.
Important! Pickled watermelon can be eaten in a month. But the longer the marinade stands, the more intense the taste will be.
With garlic and honey
Garlic with honey is considered a perfectly selected medicine that supports the immune system, fights against infectious diseases, normalizes working capacity and mood, and also improves the digestive system. The use of these ingredients in canning watermelons enriches your harvest with useful biologically active substances.
Energy value per 100 g:
- Cans are thoroughly washed and sterilized.
- Lids are also sterilized for 2 minutes.
- Wash the watermelon.
- Cut into medium sized pieces. Garlic is also cut into small pieces.
- Stack the prepared vegetables in jars.
- Boiling water is prepared and a watermelon is poured with it. Stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the fill into the pan. Salt and honey are added there. Boil.
- Again, pour the marinade.
- Prepare a pan for sterilization.
- A special grill is laid at the bottom.
- Set banks. Sterilized for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the sterilizer and tighten the lids.
- Banks turn on the lids. And left for air cooling.
Being an antibiotic, aspirin destroys pathogens. And this property allows you to use it in spins for the winter. Mistresses note that the marinade prepared with its use will remain transparent and will not wander.
3 liter can 2 hours
Energy value per 100 g:
- Cans are thoroughly washed and sterilized. The lids are boiling.
- Wash the watermelon. The green part of the crust is cut off.
- Cut into pieces.
- Stacked in jars.
- Prepare boiling water and fill them with blanks. Stand up to 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the marinade into the pan. Salt and sugar are added. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour into a jar and add aspirin there.
- Clog up. Turn on the lids. Cover with a blanket or towel until cool.
Important! The World Health Organization does not recommend the use of salicylic acid in food due to its negative effects on the body. With prolonged use, this substance forms toxic compounds in the body.
Keep conservation away from direct sunlight.. The desired storage temperature is not higher than + 5 ° C. But in most city apartments this is not possible, so you can leave conservation on the balcony or in the pantry. The best part of the conservation storage room is the one that faces the north side. Here the air temperature will always be lower than in other parts of the room.
Watermelon is not only tasty, but also healthy. It is a source of beneficial vitamins and minerals, is able to break down kidney stones and reduce pain in kidney diseases. It also affects the normalization of pressure, the work of the heart muscle and vision. Due to its low calorie content, it can also be used by those who follow a diet for weight loss, so be sure to try closing several jars of this delicious product for the winter.