Recipe for homemade moonshine cognac with prunes
High-quality alcohol is not accessible to everyone today, moreover, there are a lot of fake products on the market. The way out of this situation is the production of a home product. Today, the article will focus on cognac based on moonshine and prunes.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
A truly high-quality and soft drink with a harmonious taste and aroma will turn out on the condition of an ideal base. The quality of the base is achieved by double run and clarification, for example, with milk. Moreover, the second distillation of moonshine should be divided into fractions, and purification is required after the first and after the second run. The fortress in the end result should be 40–45 degrees. It is advisable to take prunes with bone and home-made in order to eliminate chemical impurities.
Important! The ideal option as a base for cognac would be homemade vodka made with fruits or sugar. The product on the grain is more suitable for the production of whiskey.
Homemade Prune Cognac Recipes
The advantage of homemade cognac is that it is made from natural ingredients, it has a low cost. In addition, you can add to your taste various spices or ingredients (coffee, chocolate, caramel), changing its taste and aroma.
0.5 L 20 minutes
prunes (with stone)
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- For a quick recipe, you need to take a glass container with a volume of 1 liter.
- Mash the spices into powder and place on the bottom of the jar.
- Other spices, except sugar, should be sent there; dried fruits should not be freed from the seeds.
- Pour the contents of moonshine, close the capron lid and shake.
- Remove the container in a dark place for 8-10 days, insist at room temperature. During this time, it must be shaken daily. The settled product must be carefully filtered and sugar added. Shake well again.
- Cognac is ready and you can taste it.
Video recipeClassic Recipe Video Recipe: Classic Recipe
Did you know? In England, the device for the production of moonshine is called "Moonlight", the drink itself is also called.
From prunes and honey
1 l 20 minutes
- Washed dried fruit with a stone is poured into the bottom of a 1-liter jar.
- Add honey and vanilla, pour homemade vodka.
- Close the jar tightly with a lid and insist in a dark, dry place at room temperature for 30 days.
- Every day or every other day, the container with the contents must be shaken.
- After a month, pass the drink through the filter.
With spices and prunes
3 l 25 minutes
- From sugar you need to make caramel. To do this, stir him, “drown” on low heat. Ready caramel needs to be slightly cooled.
- All components are placed at the bottom of a three-liter jar.
- Pour moonshine and leave in a dark place for a week.
- After a week, remove the vanilla and prunes, leave the drink for another month.
- After a month, the cognac should be filtered and allowed to ripen for another 3 months.
- Having insisted, home-made alcohol has the quality no worse than purchased.
Chocolate Prune Cognac
2.5–2.7 l; 5.5 days
- Break a bar of chocolate into slices and melt in a water bath.
- When it melts, add vanilla sugar and moonshine, mix.
- Put the mixture in a cool place for 5 days.
- Boil syrup from sugar and water, add chopped prunes to it and leave for 12 hours.
- Mix the alcohol-chocolate mixture with syrup and leave in a dark place to infuse for 7 days.
- After that, strain the cognac through a gauze folded into several layers.
With prunes and oak bark
3.1 L 25 minutes
- Chopped oak bark pour boiling water for 10-15 minutes. After this, drain the water, place the bark at the bottom of the selected container.
- Add dried fruits, sugar and lemon juice.
- Pour moonshine (vodka, alcohol), put in the dark for infusion for 14 days.
- After the time has passed, strain the drink and you can taste it, but for a good taste, the longer the exposure, the better.
Important! It is undesirable to exceed the amount of oak bark or so-called “chips” indicated in the recipe: this will lead to an increased amount of tannins, which will not affect the taste of the finished drink in the best way.
0.5 L20 minutes
- Grind all spices in a mortar.
- At the bottom of the jar or bottle, place crushed spices, prunes and a spoonful of sugar.
- Add vanillin, tea leaves and pour alcohol.
- Put in a dry place without light for 7-10 days.
- Shake the infusion periodically, strain before use.
Did you know? The most expensive bottle of Henry V brandy in the world costs more than $ 2 million. Not only the contents are expensive, but the container itself, made of gold with a scattering of diamonds.
Features of use
Cognac should not be cooled or overheated: A bouquet of taste and aroma is revealed when the drink is at room temperature. In Russia and the countries of the former Soviet Union it is customary to drink cognac with lemon. This tradition was introduced by the Russian emperor Nicholas II, but it is not supported everywhere. According to the French culture of drinking elite alcohol, cognac is drunk with coffee, chocolate, cheeses and grapes.
Serve a strong drink in glasses that repeat the shape of a tulip, preheating the glass is considered a good tone. Drink alcohol slowly, in small sips, with a delay in the mouth to fully reveal the aftertaste.
The recipes collected in the article are not complicated, they can be supplemented by experimenting to achieve unique bunches of taste. In small quantities, home-made alcohol, despite the strength, can be useful, and to taste even better than purchased.