How to make unripe melon jam?
Summer and autumn usually delight us with plentiful harvests of all your favorite melons, which you sometimes want to take with you in the winter with its frosts. There is a way out of this situation: you can prepare an original tasty and healthy melon jam.
Features and Benefits
Melon jam is a fairly simple dessert, for the preparation of which, as a raw material, an unripe pumpkin is used (this is the name of the melon fruit). The finished treat is somewhat reminiscent of honey in taste, and you will add additional notes of taste by adding a filler based on your preferences. The recipe can be found for every taste.
Important! Dessert can be prepared from ripe melon, but it is better to take an unripe fruit - then the jam will be better in consistency, the slices will turn out whole undigested.
- A few words about the benefits of the product:
- beneficial effect on mental activity, accelerates thinking processes;
- increases stamina and general physical condition;
- It is a soft natural diuretic;
- promotes the secretion of bile;
- useful for vitamin deficiency;
- contributes to the normalization of metabolic processes in the body;
- enhances immunity and strengthens the body;
- helps to eliminate toxins, toxins, helps to normalize the water balance;
- contributes to the normalization of the central nervous system;
- increases stress resistance of the body, helps relieve depression, helps get rid of excessive excitability;
- beneficial effect on blood formation processes;
- useful for musculoskeletal system.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
To make jam, you will need these products:
- melon, better immature;
- granulated sugar;
- lemon acid;
- fillers (lemon, banana, etc., depending on your preference).
When choosing a pumpkin, try to meet the following requirements:
- it is desirable that the fruit be unripe, with "green", there should be no dark spots on the crust;
- the pulp should be hard, with a distinct aroma.
Did you know? Melon is very rich in silicon, which is necessary for the normal functioning of the heart and blood vessels, reduces the risk of developing diabetes mellitus, cancer and hepatitis, gives health to the skin, hair and nails. To meet the daily needs of the body in this mineral, it is enough to eat 35 g of melon.
Unripe melon jam recipes
There are a huge number of fairly simple ways to prepare this fragrant delicious dessert. In addition to the main components (melon and sugar), for jam, as a flavoring filler, in some recipes, they use lemon, orange, apples, bananas, nuts - which you prefer.
3 cans of 0.5 l1 hour
immature melon (pulp)
freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tbsp. l
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Remove the peel, core and seeds from the pumpkin. Cut the pulp into cubes (about 1.5 × 1.5 cm), pour boiling water. After 5–7 minutes, drain the boiling water, pour slices of pumpkin in cold water.
- Make sugar syrup. To do this, add sugar to boiling water, stir until completely dissolved on low heat.
- Pour the slices in syrup and leave for 5 hours. After the specified time, put the container with the contents on the fire, let it boil and reduce the fire in such a way as to maintain a boiling of low intensity. After 7 minutes, remove the container from the heat and leave to infuse for 7 hours.
- After 7 hours, put the pan on the fire again, let it boil, add lemon juice and vanilla, mix and remove from heat.
- Arrange the jam in sterilized jars, cover with lids.
Did you know? King of France (1589–1610) Henry IV the Great once sued the melon. The reason for the claim for insulting the Majesty was that the king ate too much melons and felt bad.
2 cans of 0.5 l1 hour
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Wash the melon, cut and remove the seed. Peel, cut into slices, and then in small cubes, put on a dish.
- Pour the lemons with boiling water for 3 minutes, then wipe with a towel and cut into thin slices.
- Pour all the ingredients except nuts and sugar into a saucepan and put on fire. After boiling, cook for 5 minutes. Then cover and leave for 10 hours.
- When the jam is infused, put it on the fire again for 20 minutes, add vanilla and crushed nuts.
- Place the finished product in sterilized jars, close the lids (under the thread or roll up the machine).
Video recipeWith lemon Video recipe: With lemon
3 cans of 0.5 l3 hours
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Wash the pumpkin under running water, wipe dry, cut into two halves. Remove seeds, peel.
- Half cut into ordinary slices, as for food. Slices, in turn, cut into plates with a thickness of about 0.5 cm.
- Pour sugar, melon into a container for cooking, pour water. Mix all the ingredients and leave to dissolve sugar for about 1 hour.
- Cut the lemon into 2 halves, squeeze the juice of one into a container with sugar and pulp. Put the pan on the fire, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. After boiling, cook for 0.5 hours over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- The contents of the pan will boil and decrease in volume, it must be mixed well, avoiding burning.
- Peel the bananas and cut them into circles. Cut the remaining half of the lemon crosswise into 4 equal parts, each of which cut into plates. It is advisable to cut banana and lemon with plates of about the same thickness - about 0.5 cm.
- Add lemon and bananas to the contents of the pan, mix. Cook until the bananas are soft. After that, add a little fire, and cook until the jam reaches the desired consistency, about 0.5 hours.
- Arrange the jam on sterilized jars, close the lids. Put the banks upside down, cover with a blanket. After a day, you can remove the blanks in a permanent place.
Basic storage rules
Jam prepared in accordance with the recipe, poured into sterilized jars, can be stored at room temperature. It is advisable to use a dark place for storage. Home preservation is usually stored for a year, leaving blanks for a longer period does not make sense, since you can cook your favorite delicacy from the harvest of the new season.
Did you know? Yubari King, a melon variety grown in Japan, is considered the most expensive cultivar in the world. Experts say that the fruits, the cost of each of which can reach several thousand US dollars, have an unusually sweet taste.
Making melon jam is pretty easy. In addition to the wonderful taste, aroma and health benefits, such a product has remarkable quality - taking the melon as a basis, you can make an original note, complement the taste range with almost any fruit or nuts.