Raspberry for a woman's body: useful properties, contraindications
Raspberry is undoubtedly useful for all people, but experts especially pay attention to its beneficial effect on the female body. What is the benefit of this berry, you will learn from this article.
Raspberry: description and chemical composition
Raspberry is a shrub that belongs to the family Rosaceae. Her bushes grow to 1.5 m and retain the ability to form shoots up to 10 years of age. Flowering lasts a month and a half, and raspberry flowers are wonderful honey plants. 20 days after the beginning of flowering, fruits appear. Their number depends on the plant variety, growth region, growing conditions.The average productivity of raspberry bush is 1-3 kg of berries.
Nutritional value of fruits (per 100 g):
- calories - 46 kcal;
- proteins - 1 g;
- fats - 1 g;
- carbohydrates - 8 g.
The chemical composition of berries:
|A (beta-carotene): 12 mcg||potassium: 151 mg||iron: 0.69 mg|
|B1 (thiamine): 0.03 mcg||calcium: 37 mg||Manganese: 80 mcg|
|B2 (riboflavin): 0.03 mcg||magnesium: 22 mg||copper: 90 mcg|
|B3 (niacin): 0.6 mcg||sodium: 1 mg||zinc: 0.4 mg|
|P (flavonoids): 150 mg||phosphorus: 29 mg||selenium: 0.2 mcg|
|C (ascorbic acid): 26.2 mg|
|K (phylloquinone): 7.8 mcg|
The berries of wild raspberry bushes contain about 10% sugar, and in the berries of garden raspberries reaches 11.5% sugar.
Raspberries are appreciated not only for their palatability, but also for their healing properties. These berries have found popularity both in cooking and in medicine.
Raspberries become a decoration on any table. Beautiful frosted berries become the highlight of a variety of dishes and desserts. However, in addition to using them in their pure form, there are many interesting and useful ways to make raspberries.It has long been known that it has diaphoretic, diuretic and antipyretic properties.
For medical purposes, raspberries are prepared:
- decoction of dried berries;
- tincture of dried berries;
- raspberry tea;
- raspberry syrup.
Raspberry leaves due to its unique chemical composition have many healing properties. They found a high content of mineral salts, tannins, organic acids, volatile, flavonoids, vitamins.
The leaves have hemostatic properties, as well as diaphoretic, antipyretic, anti-toxic, anti-inflammatory and immunostimulating.
From them are prepared:
- decoction of dried leaves;
- douching solution;
- rinse aids.
The branches also contain a large amount of nutrients. It is noted that the branches strengthen the body, help fight chronic diseases, are a diuretic and antitoxic. They increase the production of bile, make up for iron deficiency, eliminate nausea, and help with inflammation and psoriasis.
From the branches you can cook:
- decoction of raspberry stalks;
- tea from the branches;
- infusion of branches.
Benefits for the human body
As you can see, all parts of the plant are beneficial to the body. But for the treatment and prevention of certain diseases, the methods of use may vary.
Did you know? Russia is currently considered the world leader in the export of raspberries, here they grow more than 200 thousand tons of berries per year.
Relief for colds
Perhaps this is the most common disease in which it is customary to eat raspberries. The people have long been aware of the strong antipyretic properties of its fruits. This happens due to the high content of salicylic acid in them.
- Also, with a cold, this berry is able to help a person with a cold due to the following properties:
- Antimicrobial.They are due to the content of tannins and anthocyanins.
- Immunostimulatory. Fruits contain many vitamins and healthy acids.
- Sweatshops. Decoctions, tinctures and teas cause profuse sweating, which accelerates the passage of the disease.
- Anti-inflammatory. Berries are able to relieve some inflammation due to salicylic acid.
Here's an example of a good antipyretic tea from dried raspberry leaves.
Dried Raspberry Leaf Tea
4 cups 7 min.
dried raspberry leaves
honey, sugar, jam
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Bring the water to a boil and fill in the teapot. Put the dried leaves there.
- Cover the teapot with a thick cloth and let the tea brew for 5-7 minutes.
- Ready tea can be poured into cups and put 3 teaspoons of raspberry jam.
Improving the functions of the digestive tract
Raspberries can significantly improve the functioning of the stomach and intestines, they have the ability to improve digestion and fight diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Also, due to the content of organic acids, raspberries accelerate the metabolism, fight nausea and vomiting, and also have an analgesic effect.
To improve the functions of the gastrointestinal tract, it is recommended to eat raspberries fresh, so that more useful substances for the intestines and stomach will remain in it.
Normalization of the heart
Studies have shown that raspberries can be a great addition to the diet of potential “cores”. It has been proven that eating the berries of this plant can reduce the risk of heart failure, which affects many people over 65.
Important! Jam and jam from the berries will not be useful, as nutrients are lost during processing. And a large amount of sugar in them, on the contrary, can harm the cardiovascular system.
Elimination of harmful substances
Raspberries have the ability to bind heavy metals into insoluble complexes. Eating fresh berries will help cleanse the body of accumulated harmful substances. To remove toxins, it is useful to drink green tea with the addition of 3 tablespoons of raspberry infusion. Such a drink can be consumed daily 3 times a day.
Accelerate weight loss
For those who want to lose weight soon, raspberries will be a real find.
This is due to several factors:
- The fruits contain lipolytic enzymes that burn fats.
- Raspberries do not increase blood sugar.
- The high fiber content helps the stomach and intestines, removes toxins and restores microflora.
- Berries have a diuretic and choleretic property, which saves the body from excess salts.
The raspberry diet is quite common among other diets. For a few days of such nutrition, you can not only lose a few extra pounds, but also improve your health. This is possible due to the low calorie content of berries and the high content of necessary substances in them. However, such a diet is contraindicated in hypotensive patients (people with pathologically low blood pressure) and people with kidney problems.
Prevention of vitamin deficiency
Vitamin deficiency is a rather unpleasant phenomenon that appears from a lack of vitamins in food. Most often this occurs during transitional seasons, such as spring and autumn.
- Obvious signs of vitamin deficiency are usually:
- dry and brittle hair, split ends, dandruff;
- dry skin;
- redness of the eyes;
- fatigue and irritability;
- vision does not adapt well in the dark;
Most often, the body lacks vitamins A, B, C, E and D. For the prevention of vitamin deficiency, it is necessary to consume more fresh herbs, vegetables and fruits. Raspberry fruits contain all the necessary vitamins. Their use will be effective both as a prophylaxis and for the treatment of vitamin deficiency.
Its plus is that, unlike most berries, it retains nutrients after heat treatment. Due to this, it is recommended to eat it both fresh and as part of drinks and desserts.
Hemoglobin is a complex iron-containing protein in the human body.
- Signs of decreased hemoglobin may include:
- brittle and flaking nails.
Important signs of reduced hemoglobin in children may be the habit of chewing chalk, clay, paper or ice, as well as a predilection for pungent odors that other children do not like. If you freeze on the street when others are warm, this is also an occasion to pay attention to the level of hemoglobin.
Normal hemoglobin level in women usually 120–140 g / l. In men - 130-160 g / l.Iron-rich foods can increase hemoglobin. In raspberries, its content is 1.5 g, which is a good indicator. Iron is better absorbed along with vitamin C, which is also abundant in raspberries.
Nervous system support
It is proved that regular consumption of this berry reduces the risk of stress, depression, nervous disorders and also improves sleep quality. This is all due to the copper content in the berries. Therefore, to support your nervous system, it is recommended to consume raspberries more often, as well as teas and decoctions with it in the composition.
Did you know? With excessive intoxication, raspberries produce a sobering effect.
Raspberries are a natural and effective antioxidant. Pectins, whose content in the berry is high enough, help to remove heavy metal salts from the body. Given the problems of modern ecology, this is a very valuable quality.
Scientific studies have shown that the antioxidants contained in the fruits of this plant play a role in protecting the body against cancer, aging, chronic diseases that cause problems such as obesity, type 2 diabetes, hypertension and atherosclerosis, and neurodegenerative diseases.
What is raspberry good for women
In addition to all the already described miraculous properties of raspberries, it is impossible not to note the special benefits of this berry for women. It is used in diets, cosmetics, in the treatment and cooking, and is also especially useful for pregnant and lactating women.
The use of berries has a positive effect on the skin. They improve the elasticity of the skin, give a healthy color and maintain youth.
- This happens due to the content of useful vitamins:
- PP - normalizes skin tone, protects against UV radiation;
- AT 9 - helps skin cells to develop immunity to external factors (dirt, dust), and also protects against cold and overheating;
- N - tones the skin, improves elasticity;
- E - updates the skin cells of the face;
- potassium - does not allow free radicals to collapse, which stops the fleeting period of aging (menopause) for a while.
To the reproductive system
You can often hear that raspberries are called "female grass." Indeed, this berry has an extremely beneficial effect on the entire reproductive system of women. In ancient times, it was even known that raspberry fruits can cure girls of cystitis.
- This is due to the properties of the substances contained in the fruits:
- strengthen the muscle tissue of the uterus and the entire hip area;
- tone the walls of the uterus;
- relieve PMS symptoms and menstrual pain;
- replenish the body's content of substances that are not enough during menstruation.
Raspberries are especially useful during pregnancy. Tea made from raspberry leaves is recommended for those who want to get pregnant. It is also believed that the use of this berry promotes healthy bearing and childbirth. Raspberry drinks were often prescribed for pregnant women to eliminate nausea, diarrhea, and leg cramps.
Raspberry is a natural uterine relaxant. According to studies, eating raspberries can reduce the chance of a cesarean section.
- The benefits of eating raspberries during pregnancy:
- helps to absorb calcium, a deficiency of which is especially acute during this period;
- contains fiber, which prevents constipation and positively affects the entire intestinal function;
- supports the work of the circulatory system (which is extremely useful, as pregnant women increase blood volume);
- during pregnancy, women are strictly not recommended to use antibiotics and most antipyretics, and raspberries are a natural remedy that can reduce fever and relieve symptoms of the common cold;
- reduces toxicosis and nausea.
Important! A decoction of raspberry leaves should not be drunk by pregnant women until the 36th week. Otherwise, there is a risk of premature birth.
Application in cosmetology
In addition to its use in medicine and cooking, this berry is widely used in cosmetology. For several centuries, girls have been using it to care for face and body.
- It is known about the abilities of fruits, such as:
- getting rid of freckles and age spots;
- narrowing of pores, reduction of oily skin;
- acne and acne treatment;
- smoothing fine wrinkles.
Here are some ways you can use your berry for skin care:
- Mask for dry skin. To prepare such a mask, you need only two ingredients - egg white and a teaspoon of raspberry juice. Mix these ingredients well. A fat cream is first applied to the face, and on top of the mixture obtained. You can hold the mask for 10-20 minutes. After the face rinse with warm water and, if necessary, apply the cream again.
- Mask for normal skin. Essential ingredients - 1 tsp. vegetable oil, 1 tbsp. milk, 1 egg white and 4–5 crushed raspberries. Everything is mixed until smooth and applied to the face for 15 minutes. After the face must be washed.
- Mask for oily skin. The pulp of black bread must be mashed with a handful of raspberry berries. The mixture must be applied to the face with rubbing movements. After 15 minutes, rinse with warm water.
Video: face mask with raspberries
For aging skin, you can add honey and cottage cheese to the masks, and to smooth wrinkles, it is recommended to wipe your face in the morning with a cube of ice from a decoction of raspberry leaves or frozen raspberry juice.
Important! Before using any products containing raspberries, you need to make sure that there is no allergy to it.
Everyone knows and love raspberries for its taste. Both adults and children love to eat it, both in pure form and as part of other dishes and desserts.
There are a lot of ways to prepare this berry:
- as a part of jelly, candy and fillings;
- grinding with sugar;
- as a part of drinks;
- in the composition of sauces, wines and vinegar;
- additive in salads and dishes.
If you are going to use this berry in cooking, it is worth considering that it is extremely tender. To convey its taste and preserve all the taste, you need to use only whole, not mashed fruits.
There are certain periods of storage of this berry in different conditions.
|Fresh berries (up to + 20 ° С)||8-12 hours|
|In fridge||7-10 days|
|Dried berries||12-24 months|
Also during storage, it is important to consider such factors:
- raspberries well absorb odors, so it should be stored in a ventilated area;
- at the slightest sign of mold, all berries should be discarded, since spores spread instantly;
- Do not wash berries before storage.
Even being such a useful product, raspberries also have contraindications. Everyone should pay attention to them before consuming berries as food or for cosmetic purposes.
- It is forbidden to consume these berries to people with diseases such as:
- liver disease
- gastritis or ulcer;
- kidney disease.
Raspberries are a truly unique source of a host of beneficial substances for human health and especially for women. Unfortunately, the sales season for this berry is quite short, so you need to try to have time to feast on it or make preparations for the winter. Be healthy!