The benefits and harms of tea with ginger and sea buckthorn
Tea based on herbal preparations has always been very popular, both when used as a preventive and when used for medicinal purposes. However, in order to achieve the maximum benefit from the drink, you should choose only the most vitamin-rich ingredients, such as ginger and sea buckthorn. What medicinal properties these plants possess and how to properly prepare tea based on them - more on this later.
Vitamin composition of tea with ginger and sea buckthorn
The vitamin-mineral composition of ginger-sea-buckthorn tea is due to the constituent components of each individual plant, therefore it is not surprising that it includes the following components:
- vitamin C in large quantities (present in the ginger root and in significant doses found in sea buckthorn berries);
- vitamin A (also found in both plants and is responsible for improving vision, strengthening the skeletal system, nails);
- vitamin e (present in sea buckthorn and is a powerful antioxidant);
- vitamin P (a component of sea buckthorn, due to which it is possible to maintain the normal state and functioning of the cardiovascular system and its individual organs);
- B vitamins (in particular, B1 – B3, B6, B9, which well reduce blood cholesterol, improve vision and normalize the working capacity of the nervous system of the human body).
In addition, the prepared drink will contain omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids (take an active part in the recovery processes of any organ), as well as micro and macro elements represented by calcium, sodium, iron, phosphorus, zinc potassium, sodium.
Did you know? Sea-buckthorn fruits are deservedly considered "holy" because they contain up to 190 different nutrients. There is only 10 times more vitamin C than in lemon.
Useful and harmful properties
The rich vitamin and mineral composition of sea buckthorn and ginger tea has led to a significant set of its beneficial qualities, primarily expressed in the following characteristics of the drink:
- The rich vitamin and mineral composition of sea buckthorn and ginger tea has led to a significant set of its beneficial qualities, primarily expressed in the following characteristics of the drink:
- anti-inflammatory activity;
- increasing the regenerative properties of the body (and even with damage to internal organs: for example, intoxication of the liver);
- the prevention of atherosclerosis, in particular by reducing the level of bad cholesterol in the blood;
- increasing the body's defenses, which is especially important during the period of seasonal exacerbation of colds and viral ailments;
- blood thinning and thrombosis prevention (the likelihood of strokes and heart attacks decreases);
- restoration of the normal functioning of the respiratory system, including by intensive removal of sputum during coughing;
- improving metabolic processes in the body.
The last property of ginger-sea-buckthorn drink is very useful for the problem of excess weight, so it is often included in the diet for weight loss.
As for the possible harm from the described drink, it takes place only if a person has allergic reactions and other contraindications, the main of which will be serious diseases or pathologies of the digestive tract. It is also worth worrying about the irregular use of tea, because the uncontrolled use of ginger and sea buckthorn can cause disturbances in salt metabolism and problems with the stomach or urinary tract (due to a certain "aggressiveness" of the bitter ginger root).
How to brew ginger-sea-buckthorn tea
There are a lot of recipes for making healthy drinks, because each housewife tries to find the most delicious and most suitable option for steaming. Over the many years of using sea buckthorn and ginger, a lot of them have gathered, but the traditional method and combination of these plants with fragrant mint or lemon balm leaves remain the most popular. Sometimes tea is prepared with the addition of pear fruit, and if you believe the reviews, then this method is worthy of special attention.
To prepare a traditional gingerbread drink with sea buckthorn, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 tbsp. spoon of sea buckthorn berries;
- 1 teaspoon large leaf black tea;
- part of the ginger root, 1-2 cm long;
- honey or cane sugar (to taste);
- 250-300 ml of water.
Video: ginger-sea-buckthorn tea
To prepare a tonic and invigorating remedy, you need to steam the indicated amount of tea in the usual way, and as soon as it is well infused, add grated root of ginger, sea-buckthorn berries and honey (cane sugar) grated on it. Such a tea drink will be very tasty, not to mention its warming, tonic and firming properties.
Important! The indicated amount of tea is sufficient for a single use, but do not procure a large amount of the drink, as it is best to use it fresh.
Ginger-sea-buckthorn tea with the addition of mint is one of the most common options for creating a drink, so it is not surprising that the following recipe is very popular among connoisseurs of herbal infusions.
In this case, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 tbsp. spoon of sea buckthorn fruit;
- 1 lime;
- 2 sprigs of mint;
- a slice of fresh ginger root;
- 1 teaspoon of any type of tea;
- 2 ice cubes.
As with the traditional version of creating a drink, first you need to brew tea, and then add to it a vitamin mass of softened sea buckthorn berries, grated ginger root and lime chopped in a blender, to which mint is later thrown. After thoroughly mixing and filtering all the components, ice is added to them and a drink is served.
Melissa perfectly enhances the taste of sea buckthorn-ginger tea, and both fresh and dried leaves of the plant can be used to create it.
Did you know? Ginger is an excellent antidepressant of mild action, which is able to normalize the emotional state and successfully fights depressive conditions. It is possible to balance the processes of excitation and inhibition using the asparagine present in the plant.
- 5-15 g of crushed lemon balm leaves;
- 100 g puree of sea buckthorn berries;
- 1 small ginger root.
The use of fruits for the preparation of aromatic tea is a long-standing practice, so it is logical that ginger and sea buckthorn go well with the soft and aromatic fruits of pears.
The creation of such a drink will be possible with the following components:
- 100 g of peeled sea-buckthorn fruits;
- 1 tbsp. tablespoons of black tea;
- 50 g of sugar;
- 1 pear;
- a piece of ginger root, 1-2 cm long.
First of all, you need to brew black tea and leave it for infusion for 5-10 minutes. During this time, grind the sea-buckthorn fruits, ginger ginger root on a fine grater and cut the pear into small cubes, without peeling. Add the rest of the ingredients to the brewed and slightly cooled tea, stir everything well, after which you will only have to enjoy the aromatic drink.
Important! Do not throw ginger root in boiling water.At high temperatures, it loses a significant part of its benefits.
Despite all the positive properties of the ginger-sea-buckthorn drink, one should not exclude the possible negative consequences of its consumption.
- This primarily concerns people with:
- high body temperature (above + 38 ° C) at the time of tea consumption, since the warming effect of ginger can further increase the fever;
- peptic ulcer in acute or chronic form, with any variety of its manifestations (the huge content of organic acids in the composition of sea buckthorn berries only enhances the production of gastric juice, and ginger is characterized by high stiffness);
- urolithiasis or chronic diseases of the gallbladder (the slightest increase in acidity in such disorders is contraindicated);
- a tendency to various bleeding (including hemorrhoidal);
- violation of salt metabolism in the body.
In addition, you should not get carried away with such a drink and with a tendency to allergic reactions, the development of scoliosis or osteochondrosis, and with advanced forms of diseases it is better not to use the described plants and products based on them. It is also necessary to be careful for women during pregnancy and lactation.
Otherwise, with proper use of ginger-sea-buckthorn tea, it will not be able to harm the body, bringing only benefits to your health. Therefore, eliminating all possible contraindications and clearly following the recommendations of the selected recipe, you can safely enjoy a tasty and aromatic drink.