How to make soaked apples Antonovka
Apples - a simple, tasty, affordable and versatile fruit, which is great for preparing various dishes, desserts, preparations for the winter. Soaked apples are especially popular among consumers, which are widely used as a separate snack, quick snack or raw material for baking. How to ferment the described fruits and which variety to pick - more on this later in the article.
Selection and pre-preparation of fruits
Soaked apples are a very useful specific dish, which is characterized by an unusual, spicy taste and sophisticated aroma. Not all varieties are suitable for urinating fruits. Excellent raw materials for preparing homemade snacks are dense, with elastic skin and hard flesh. The best option is autumn or winter varieties of culture, which include Antonovka, Babushkino, Anis, Pepin Litovsky.
Important! Apples with damaged peels are quickly impregnated with the solution, while almost all of the beneficial substances from them go into the marinade, as a result of which the fruits lose their characteristic taste and aroma, become watery and loose.
Most often, Antonovka is used for fermentation, since it is most common in our country, it is great for soaking it, it has a unique aroma, sweet and sour taste and excellent aesthetic appearance. Experts advise picking the fruits from the tree, and then bring them to ripeness for 2-3 weeks. Fallen berries have a rather loose structure, therefore, in the process of fermentation they lose their shape, become soft and literally fall apart.To ferment, choose ripe dense fruits without visible damage, rot, signs of parasites or ailments. The best option is considered medium sized apples. Too large fruits will not be able to ferment quickly and evenly, too small fruits will quickly peroxide. The peduncle on the fruit when wet is left. As for the capacity for pickling, it is better to use buckets, wooden barrels, large pots or other enameled containers with a wide neck. It is also allowed to cook fruits in glass jars of 3 and 5 liters.
Recipes soaked apples Antonovka
There are many different recipes for watering apples. However, I would like to dwell in more detail on those that have long become classic. Preparing fruits according to such recipes is quick and easy, and apples as a result are extremely tasty, aromatic and will be able to benefit the body, saturating it with necessary vitamins and minerals.
Grandma's old recipe
50 liter barrel 60 minutes
2 tbsp. l
Energy value per 100 g:
- Rinse the fruits, dry a little.
- Sort rye straw, put into a container, pour boiling water, let it brew for 20-30 minutes.
- Cover the fermentation container with a plastic bag.
- Put a layer of straw on the bottom of the tank.
- Put apples on straw up to half of the container. Cover with straw from above, lay out the fruit again and cover them with a straw layer.
- Prepare the marinade - mix salt, sugar and mustard powder in water until completely dissolved.
- Pour the marinade to the top with the fruit container. Close the plastic bag tightly, put the yoke on top of the container. Move the barrel to a cool, dark place.
Video recipeOld Grandma's RecipeVideo Recipe: Old Grandma's Recipe
Did you know? Antonovka is an old Russian apple variety that was introduced by S.V. Batov, a gardener from Tula.According to the agrarian, the variety was named Antonovka in honor of a certain gardener Anton, who bred it many centuries ago — the exact date of the appearance of the culture is still unknown.
With currant leaves
4 cans of 1 liter for 20 minutes
Energy value per 100 g:
- Rinse fruits, dry a little. Rinse leaves well under running water. Lay the leaves at the bottom of the can, and a layer of fruit on top.
- Fill the container to the top, alternating fruits and leaves.
- Prepare brine - dissolve granulated sugar in water. Gradually introduce flour into the marinade, mix thoroughly until a homogeneous consistency.
- Pour the fruit bowl with the cooked brine.
- Cover the jar with gauze, place oppression on top. Place the container in a cool, dark place for 30 days.
Important! In the process of fermentation, it is very important to ensure that the apples are always completely in the brine, otherwise the upper fruits will begin to rot or leaven unevenly. That is why it is recommended to install oppression on top of the packaging.
Terms and features of storage of blanks
Soaked apples are recommended to be stored in a cool, dry place that is reliably protected from direct sunlight and is located away from heat sources.
The most comfortable temperature for preserving the workpiece is:
- about + 15 ... 17 ° С - during the fermentation period, which lasts 10-14 days;
- no more than 0 ... + 4 ° С - for further storage.
Did you know? The apple tree is considered the first fruit tree that mankind began to cultivate: our ancestors planted them more than 6500 years before our era.
In addition to the fact that the fruits have original taste properties, they are still very useful for human health and are a source of many necessary vitamins and minerals. Souring fruit at home is quite simple, the main thing is to choose high-quality raw materials and choose the most optimal recipe.