A delicious recipe for soaked apples at home for the winter
Soaked apples - A great option for a winter snack, which is also rich in vitamins and minerals. About how to cook it correctly at home, read below.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
To prepare a high-quality pickled product, you need to pick apples of a solid structure, not damaged by pests, without cracks and spots, medium size. Fermentation takes place slowly, because it is based on lactic acid fermentation, so large fruits will be cooked unevenly, and small fruits will quickly peroxide. Before cooking, the products need to be washed and dried well.
Did you know? Malic acid in fruits dissolves gallstones.
Not every apple variety is suitable for urination. Better to take the fruits of later varieties, such as:
- Antonovka - the fruits ripen in the second half of September, have a rounded shape with a pronounced ribbing in the lower part, painted in greenish-yellow color. The skin is thin but dense. The pulp is dense, crunchy, coarse-grained. It tastes sweet, with pronounced sourness.
- Snow calvil - the fruits are ready for use in September-October. At the time of removable maturity, they are painted in light green with a delicate pink blush, have a rounded shape, with a very ribbed surface. The skin is thin, elastic. The pulp is white, juicy, coarse-grained. It tastes sweet and sour.
- White filling - Products ripen in mid-July. The shape of the fruit is round, with a pronounced narrowing to the calyx. By the time of ripening painted in white and green. The skin is thin, elastic, has a pronounced sour taste. The pulp is snow-white, coarse-grained, juicy, sweet.
Soaked apple recipes for the winter
Before soaking apples, it is necessary to prepare the container. Today it is rare to see soaked apples on the tables of our compatriots. The main reason is the long-established stereotype that you need to ferment an apple only in a wooden barrel. However, in an apartment environment, you can use a bucket, a three-liter jar or a bottle of glass with a wide neck for this. Do not take containers that are too narrow, otherwise the apples will wrinkle greatly during the process of soaking, rising to its upper part. Previously, the container should be washed with soda, sterilized with boiling water.
It is worth mentioning right away that pickling lasts a long time. Soak apples for 1-2 months. If you need to catch a festive event, then soak the products should be subject to these terms.
1 can with a capacity of 3 l 30–40 min
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Lay the main ingredient tightly in a jar.
- Add bay leaves and cloves.
- Dissolve salt with sugar in 200 ml of room temperature water.
- Pour the resulting brine into a jar. Add so much clean water that all products are covered with liquid.
- Close the jar with a plastic lid.
- Put the workpiece in a dark cool place where the temperature is maintained within + 5 ° C. Soak raw materials for a month.
- Periodically check the products for taste. If it is fresh, you need to slightly salt the raw materials in the process of urination.
Did you know? 25% of the total apple volume is air, which is why the product never drowns in water.
The classic traditional recipe involves using a minimum of ingredients. After wetting, the apples acquire a piquant, interesting taste, and are stored throughout the year under certain conditions. If desired, the recipe can be upgraded by adding mustard, cinnamon or any spice that you like. You can also salt the products to your liking, i.e.take not 3 tablespoons of salt, but more or less.
Special taste is not only the final product, but also the brine in which the apples are soaked. It tastes like kvass to taste and is perfect for those who are on a diet aimed at losing weight. Products have the ability to restore strength after prolonged physical exertion.
Sweet soaked apples
wooden barrel 10 l 1 h
sugar or honey
400 or 300 g
currant leaves and cherries
2 kg each
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Lay a layer of currant foliage on the bottom of the container.
- Lay a layer of apples on top of the greens, then cover it with a layer of cherry leaves. Thus, you need to alternate the layers until the containers are filled by 80%. The last layer should consist of cherry leaves.
- Boil water, add flour, sugar or honey to it. Cool to room temperature.
- Pour the product with brine, put a load of 3 kg on top.
- Ferment raw materials for 1 month at a temperature of +17 ... + 20 ° С.
The considered method, unlike the previous one, involves the addition of more sugar. This is an old Russian version of the preparation of delicious delicacies. The final product has a milder taste, with pronounced sweetness, and a pleasant pronounced aroma, which is acquired thanks to the leaves of cherry and currant. It is worth considering that greens and rye flour will add a darker shade to the brine. This is a normal occurrence.
Important! For the preparation of sweet soaked apples, it is better to give preference to fruit varieties with more vivid taste. For example, the White Bulk.
Sour soaked apples with cabbage
10 l 2 h bucket
2 pcs. medium size
3 tbsp. l (spoon without slide)
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Chop the cabbage, grate the carrots on a coarse grater or cut into strips.
- Mix chopped vegetables with sugar and salt. When mixing the mixture, you need to squeeze it with your hands so that it starts up the juice.
- At the bottom of the container lay a layer of cabbage with carrots. Well tamped. Then place a layer of apples on the vegetable mixture.
- Alternate the layers in the above order until the capacity is 80% full - the last layer should be from the vegetable mixture.
- If there is not enough juice allocated by cabbage and carrots, you need to make a brine and pour them products. You need to do it based on per liter of water for 1 tbsp. sugar and salt.
- On the surface of rammed raw materials, put oppression weighing 3 kg.
- Allow products to ferment - in order for this process to begin, it must be maintained at a temperature of + 25 ° C for 3-4 days. First, the brine will begin to darken, it will become larger, and bubbles will appear on the surface. As soon as the liquid brightens and decreases in volume, you can proceed to the next step.
- Then rearrange the products in a cool room where the temperature regime is maintained within +5 ... + 10 ° С. Soak raw materials for a month.
The recipe allows you to salt 2 products at the same time and get an original snack that will have excellent taste characteristics. The final product is perfect for any kind of meat, and it can also be used as an independent dish.
Important! For this recipe, take cabbage only of late varieties of ripening, with dense leaves, otherwise it will turn slimy after souring and will not crackle.
Features of storage of blanks
Keep products in the refrigerator or cellar. The main condition is compliance with the temperature regime within +5 ... + 10 ° С.You can wet apples even in a jar.
Making soaked apples at home is quite simple. It is not necessary to look for a wooden barrel for this.