The best step-by-step recipes for harvesting Savoy cabbage for the winter
Savoy cabbage can not only be frozen for the winter, but also pickled, and even fermented. The main thing is to choose the right recipe and quality raw materials. How to cook this kind of cabbage - read on.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
To prepare a delicious dish of savoy cabbage, you need to carefully approach the choice of ingredients. It is worth considering that its “corrugated” leaves are more tender than that of the white, so it is better to select the latest varieties. Pickling is necessary only from the most dense forks, which do not have cracks, traces of damage by pests and diseases.
But for canning, which involves long-term storage and is a completely different process than salting, even the most dense heads of cabbage are not at all suitable, so it is better to use the following recipes for instant preparation of such products.
Did you know? In Alsace, in the northeast of France, cabbage is fermented with pork and seafood. This is called shukrut.
Before pickling savoy cabbage, remove the top leaves from the fork, then wash and dry the head of cabbage, divide it into several parts and remove the stump.
All other vegetables that are required for harvesting according to the recipe must be peeled, washed and dried on a paper towel.
Step-by-step recipes for harvesting Savoy cabbage for the winter
Marinating Savoy cabbage is best done in small containers of glass, with a volume of 1-3 liters, since the harvest from this variety of vegetables will not stand for very long. Previously, the container must be washed with soda, sanitized over a water bath or doused with boiling water. In addition to cans, it is necessary to prepare the work surface, also washing it and drying it with a towel.
1 can of 3 l3 hours
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Chopped into forks into noodle strips or squares.
- Chop the carrots into small cubes, cut the onion into rings.
- Put all the products in a jar.
- Make a marinade: boil water, add all spices and spices, boil for 3 minutes, pour vinegar, oil, remove from heat.
- Cooled to +30 ... + 35 ° С pour the marinade in a jar with vegetable slices.
- Leave the container warm for 2 hours, then refrigerate.
- A day later, the pickled salad is ready for consumption.
Important! Due to the very delicate structure of Savoy cabbage leaves, they cannot be rammed when placed in jars, otherwise the final product will not be very attractive in appearance.
Did you know? In the Czech Republic, Savoy cabbage, which is called French cabbage there, is used for cooking cutlets.
Dill with dill
1 can of 3 l 1 hour
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Chop the main ingredient.
- Finely chop the dill.
- Put the cabbage with dill in a jar.
- Boil water, add spices, salt with sugar. Remove from fire.
- After cooling to + 30 ° C, pour the chopped foods.
- Cover the neck of the container with gauze, fix it, leave for 3 days to insist. Periodically pierce the raw material to ensure the removal of carbon dioxide.
- After 3 days, transfer the fermented product to the refrigerator.
Important! The main thing in this recipe is not to overdo the cabbage. To avoid this, you need to taste it every day.
Ways to store at home
Pickled vegetables according to the above recipes, as well as pickled vegetables, are not stored for a long time. It is better to prepare such crispy snacks in small portions that can be consumed immediately. The maximum shelf life of blanks in the refrigerator is 4 days.The vegetable in question is not only a raw material for freezing, it can be deliciously prepared as a vegetable side dish, pickled or fermented. The only thing to consider is the short shelf life of such an appetizer. But this is not a problem, because it will leave very quickly.