How to make a ginger hair mask at home
Ginger today is the most popular product, which is successfully used in medical and culinary fields. Cosmetology did not pass him by, where the root became a frequent component in the manufacture of hair and skin care products. It is easy to prepare a mask based on it at home, and the result, judging by the reviews of those who have already experienced its beneficial effects, will be noticeable very quickly.
Chemical and vitamin composition
First of all, you need to figure out why ginger is so rich that it was able to gain such trust and popularity among those who care about their hair. It turns out that it contains a lot of nutrients that bring certain benefits to the hairline. They are able to improve the structure of the hair, give the curls shine and strength.
Did you know? Ginger root contains about 500 chemical compounds, and only ginseng can compete with it in the number of minerals and amino acids.
The horny root (as ginger is sometimes called) contains:
- Vitamins represented by a variety of components of group B (B1, B2, B3, B9, etc.), as well as ascorbic acid (C).
- Minerals, such as phosphorus, calcium, sodium, zinc, iron, potassium, which significantly improve the vital activity of cells and tissues. Without their help, hair and scalp will not look beautiful and healthy.
- Amino acids - their effect affects grooming, shine and silkiness of curls.
- Proteins - improve the structure of the hair, preventing it from breaking down.
- Fats - create an enveloping protective layer, so that the hair is less susceptible to the negative effects of external factors.
- Carbohydrates - effectively revitalize and tone up the hair.
- Fiber is a good helper to accelerate hair growth.
- Essential oil - relieves irritation, an exceptional assistant in the fight against dandruff.
- Gingerol - a useful substance that improves blood circulation. Its properties are to strengthen blood vessels and, accordingly, improve hair growth.
Ginger root has various antibacterial compounds that have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects.
Is it possible to use ginger in hair masks
Having familiarized with the chemical and vitamin composition of ginger root, we can confidently say that its use in hair care is not only possible, but also very useful. No wonder this product has long been used by Indian and Korean specialists in cosmetology as a salvation for balding people.
Ginger can be very beneficial, but if you do not follow the rules for using masks containing this ingredient, you can get the opposite result. Compounds are not recommended to be applied more often than 1-2 times a week, so as not to dry the hair.
Important! A mask prepared on the basis of ginger should not be stored. Even within a few hours, while the mass is in contact with air, irreversible chemical processes can begin, which will lead to the loss of beneficial properties.
Another important point - under the influence of a ginger mask, hair is clarified by several tones. The culprit for everything is the decolorizing substance gingerol, which is contained in the root.Female representatives (although it is no secret that today guys like to dye and bleach their hair), who want to give their curls a nice brightening shade, you should definitely take this into account.
In the end, ginger is an excellent natural conditioner, which also perfectly cleans the pores of the skin from silicones, so its use is recommended after using industrial products (shampoos, sprays, varnishes, etc.).
How to make hair masks that contain ginger
There are quite a lot of recipes for preparing medicinal ginger compounds at home, and all because the root goes well with many other products. You need to choose a composition based on what effect you want to achieve - moisturize, improve your hair or stimulate their rapid growth. Ginger can be used in the form of grated fresh root, ground dried powder or juice.
It is best to use the treatment mixture on moist unwashed hair. After application (without intensive rubbing), you should wrap your head with cling film or polyethylene. The mask should be kept no more than half an hour, and then wash your hair with ordinary shampoo and apply a rinse (it is better to use a herbal decoction). After passing 10 procedures, it is recommended to give your hair a rest for 30-40 days.
Did you know? Ginger responds well to elevated temperatures, so it does not lose its properties if mixed with warmed honey, kefir or cosmetic oils.
- ginger root (fresh): 5–6 cm;
- fatty kefir: 75 ml;
- liquid honey: 5 g;
- lemon juice: 15 drops.
- Grate to make gruel. To make a mask you need 1 tbsp. l
- Add all other ingredients, mix until smooth.
Since strengthening is a preventive measure, it is enough to apply a mask once every 7 days, and then rinse with herbal extract.
To stimulate growth
- olive oil: 1 tbsp. l .;
- aloe juice: 1 tbsp. l .;
- honey: 1 tbsp. l .;
- egg: 1 pc.;
- cognac: 1 tsp;
- grated fresh ginger root: 1 tsp.
- Heat the oil slightly to a temperature of no more than + 20 ° C.
- Quickly introduce the remaining components, mix.
Perform the procedure every 6-7 days. For people who have hair loss, you can increase the frequency of infusion up to 3 times a week (no more than a day).
Video: ginger mask for hair growth
For quick growth from cinnamon and fresh ginger
- grated ginger root: 1 tbsp. l .;
- ground cinnamon: 1 tbsp. l .;
- sweet almond oil: 2 tbsp. l .;
- grapefruit juice: 40 ml.
- Fresh ginger root, ground in a fine grater, mixed with almond oil.
- Add cinnamon, mix.
- Introduce grapefruit juice.
The mask should be kept on your head for no more than 15–20 minutes, then rinse with warm running water and dry.
From ginger and mustard for oily hair
- ground ginger dried ground: 1 tbsp. l .;
- mustard (mustard powder): 1 tbsp. l .;
- nettle: 1 tbsp. l .;
- burdock root: 1 tbsp. l .;
- birch buds: 1 tbsp. l .;
- flour (rye): 10 tbsp. l
- All herbs need to be dried, ground in a coffee grinder along with ground ginger.
- Add mustard powder and flour.
- Mix the composition thoroughly.
- Pour the amount necessary for one mask and dilute it with warm water to the consistency of the slurry.
The advantage of manufacturing such a composition is that in the form of a powder mass, it can be stored in a glass container for several months, put in a dark place, and used as necessary.
- ginger juice: 25 ml;
- cognac: 1 tbsp. l .;
- rosemary oil: 4 drops;
- burdock oil: 50 ml.
- Mix rosemary and burdock essential oils, pour into a small container and, having equipped a water bath, warm to room temperature.
- Introduce ginger juice, a spoonful of cognac, mix well.
The procedure for healing hair based on this recipe should be carried out once a week. It is advisable to go through 10 sessions.
Video: ginger hair mask
There are no special contraindications to the use of masks based on ginger. However, given the fact that the root is rich in substances that activate metabolic processes, it is worthwhile to understand that sometimes this can happen quite aggressively - penetrating deep into the skin, tincture can cause irritation and even trauma to the scalp.
The only contraindication is the individual intolerance to spices. Before you start making the mask, check how your body will react to the substance. To do this, rub the arm in the wrist area with a cut root (here the skin is most sensitive, and the blood vessels are near the surface and absorb the substance faster).
Important! You can not rub the mask intensively into the scalp — this will provoke a burning sensation due to the irritating effect of the spices. The mass must be lightly applied to the roots and curls, while the tips do not need to be very wet.
Hair masks based on ginger root will eliminate the need to buy expensive hair care products, especially if you like to dye them often and use chemical styling products. At the same time, the hair will be significantly strengthened, moisturized, filled with useful substances that add density and a healthy silky appearance, as in fashion models.