How to lose weight with turmeric, ginger and cinnamon
People are used to buying pills at pharmacies, and spices need to be added to dishes. But food should be medicine, as Hippocrates maintained. Not without reason in the eastern countries, where the national cuisine is dominated by a rich selection of spices and spices, people rarely suffer from colds and obesity. It is turmeric, ginger and cinnamon that are considered seasonings that accelerate metabolism, help burn calories and activate blood supply, and can easily replace your first-aid kit.
Turmeric, Ginger and Cinnamon
One of the most popular types of spices is turmeric, ginger and cinnamon, they are often used in the preparation of dishes, drinks, marinades, etc. But you need to figure out why these spices were so popular.
Key chemical characteristics
Turmeric root contains vitamins C, B1, B2, VZ, iodine, iron, phosphorus, essential oils, alkaloids and calcium, as well as other components:
- curcumin - a substance that can weaken the growth of cancer cells, especially if neoplasms are present in the mouth, esophagus, intestines and skin. This component has the property of reducing the amount of cholesterol, which helps to reduce the risk of atherosclerosis;
- turmeric - a substance that slows down and inhibits the growth of cancer cells in the mammary glands and on the skin;
- tumeron - in addition to antiparasitic action, it helps to reduce the growth of pathogenic bacteria;
- cineol - this chemical compound is able to destroy parasites and at the same time positively affect the performance of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract;
- bioflavonoid, vitamin P - Helps in the restoration of the circulatory system, improves the functioning of blood vessels and helps fight sclerosis and asthma.
Cinnamon contains cinnamic acid, eugenol, starch, essential oil, resin, tannin, vitamins, micro and macro elements. It has a very specific aroma and unique pharmacological property, as it contains the main element - cinnamic acid, and cinnamon oil is deadly for fungi, viruses and microbes, including the most aggressive ones.
Ginger is a source of essential oils, the use of which is often observed in aromatherapy and medicine. It contains cysteine, tryptophan, which are essential amino acids, in addition to them also:
- arginine, which helps to improve muscle nutrition, stimulates the immune system and rejuvenates the body;
- histidine - is responsible for the growth and restoration of tissues;
- valine - a source of cell energy, reduces the level of the hormone of sadness;
- lysine - Helps in the formation of collagen and the absorption of calcium;
- methionine - Helps lower cholesterol, stimulates liver regeneration and ulcer healing.
Essential Amino Acids:
- glycine - anti-anxiety component, helps to improve memory and increase efficiency, suppresses the addiction to eating sweets;
- proline - forms collagen;
- tyrosine - a component due to which ginger is considered a fat burner.
It also contains vitamins B1, B2, B4, B5, B6, B9, C, E, K, PP, folic acid, phytosterols, which help lower cholesterol and prevent the occurrence of cancer cells, sodium, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, etc. .
Most spices have a lot of useful properties. Ginger, turmeric and cinnamon are no exception.
- Turmeric has a wide range of useful properties:
- has an anti-inflammatory effect;
- It has analgesic and antiseptic effects in cuts and burns;
- promotes rapid skin regeneration;
- has an antibacterial effect;
- has an antiviral effect;
- helps treat flu and SARS, strengthens the immune system;
- reduces cholesterol and thins the blood, cleanses it and blood vessels from toxins;
- helps restore blood circulation;
- normalizes blood pressure;
- improves oral health;
- helps in restoring intestinal microflora;
- is a natural antidepressant;
- improves digestion;
- helps to eliminate toxins;
- contains antioxidants, preventing the formation of cancer cells.
- The benefits of using ginger are as follows:
- the level of cholesterol in the blood decreases, and blood pressure normalizes;
- during pregnancy helps to reduce or even eliminate toxicosis;
- helps relieve pain and inflammation of the joints;
- protects and enhances immunity;
- improves digestion by stimulating the secretion of gastric juice;
- helps in recovering from serious injuries or illnesses;
- has a positive effect on male potency;
- chewing the root improves the quality of the teeth.
- Cinnamon has a number of useful properties:
- stabilizes the level of glucose in the blood;
- due to the bactericidal properties of cinnamon, halitosis can be eliminated;
- possesses choleretic and antiparasitic action;
- helps to improve digestion, lowers acidity and helps with indigestion;
- facilitates the condition of the body with urinary tract infections;
- cinnamon flavor improves concentration;
- It is an antidepressant that can increase mood and eliminate anxiety and anxiety.
All spices have their own special taste, aroma and color. Having tried one of these spices, you are guaranteed to find one that you like.
|Turmeric has a burning, pepper taste with light woody, nutmeg and nutty shades.|
It slightly resembles ginger in taste, but has a delicate, pleasant and barely perceptible aroma. But if you use a large amount of this spice, its taste will be very burning and spicy.
|The root contains essential oils that make its taste pungent with a specific aroma.|
Different types of this spice have differences in the composition of essential oils. This affects both its aroma and taste. It is because of this that some may have a rich citrus aroma and have a burning taste, while others may have the aroma of fresh grass and a light sweetish aftertaste.
|Cinnamon has many types, but Ceylon has the best taste, it has a sweet, delicate, slightly burning and astringent taste.|
The effect of losing weight
If you want to lose weight, then these spices will be an indispensable assistant in this matter.
Turmeric is used for weight loss only as an additive that has the following effect:
- suppresses the feeling of hunger, but only if you use it with something, if you eat it in its pure form, you can be very hungry;
- the breakdown of fats and acceleration of metabolism due to essential oils;
- vascular strengthening occurs;
- helps to remove fluid from the body.
Ginger is used as an effective way to lose weight. The positive effect of the root on the figure is determined by its “warming” property.
Substances that are in the root of ginger help to enhance blood circulation and metabolism. This improvement and acceleration of metabolic processes contributes to the consumption of subcutaneous fat. Thanks to this, excess weight is lost.Almost all women leave positive feedback about this spice. Losing weight will be much faster if you include ginger in the diet.
When losing weight, cinnamon is an important component, it helps:
- lowering blood glucose levels, due to which “extra” kilograms go away;
- normalizes insulin production;
- helps to speed up metabolism;
- normalizes the gastrointestinal tract;
- improves metabolism;
- stimulates the intestines.
Contraindications and features of use
Each product has contraindications.
- Contraindications to the use of turmeric:
- gallbladder disease;
- children under 6 years old;
- gastrointestinal ulcer.
- It is forbidden to use ginger for:
- ulcer of internal organs and ulcerative colitis;
- gallstone disease and the presence of stones or sand in the kidneys;
- intestinal inflammation;
- liver diseases (cirrhosis, hepatitis);
- predisposition to bleeding;
- increased acidity of the stomach;
- elevated body temperature.
Caution must be taken for heart disease and high blood pressure. During pregnancy and during feeding, ginger tea is not forbidden to drink, but it is better to consult a specialist.
- Contraindications to the use of cinnamon:
- in the first place, it is impossible during pregnancy and during feeding;
- poor blood coagulation;
- high acidity of the stomach;
- ulcers in the acute phase,
- individual intolerance;
Use the spice with caution, as it can cause allergies in the form of edema or rash.
How turmeric, ginger and cinnamon work together
Turmeric, cinnamon and ginger together act as a means to speed up metabolism. They help to eliminate toxins, quickly digest food and burn calories.
When losing weight
These components have different effects on the body, but they are aimed at one goal - weight loss. Turmeric is an excellent assistant in the fight against extra pounds. It contains polyphenol, due to which the calorie consumption increases and helps to remove excess fluid. Also, this spice corrects the level of cholesterol in the blood.
Important! The properties of turmeric to burn fat will appear only if it is consumed correctly.
Insulin is responsible for the formation of fat deposits in the body, and it is “afraid” of cinnamon, as a result of which this spice not only reduces the formation of fat deposits, but also helps to break down old ones. All the actions that cinnamon has on the body are a very powerful tool for losing weight, and also reduces cholesterol and glucose in the blood. Nutritionists very often prescribe diets with the addition of cinnamon.
In the treatment
In folk medicine, there are many ways, the advantages of which are reflected in the prevention and treatment of various diseases, among them - herbal treatment. Turmeric, cinnamon and ginger are such wonderful natural remedies.
Did you know? Cinnamon has a double — cassia. It is toxic and with regular use in an adult causes side effects in the form of chronic headaches, dizziness, in children — poisoning.
Traditional medicine uses turmeric for this spectrum of diseases:
- flu, SARS;
- runny nose, sinusitis;
- burns, itching, wounds, irritations.
Turmeric is also used to strengthen and tone the immune system after an illness. Cinnamon consumption helps to slow down the aging process, improve heart function, fight infections, helps to lose weight, lowers blood sugar, helps to eliminate cancer cells, in joint diseases, has an antifungal effect, and helps in the fight against tuberculosis.
Video: turmeric, ginger and cinnamon in folk medicine
Ginger helps relieve cramps, has the effect of cleansing the blood, helps women cope with menstrual pain, cures many allergic and skin diseases, relieves headaches, restores immunity, etc. And this is only a small part of what diseases the ginger root relieves.
Methods of preparation and use
With the current assortment of tea, many people opt for green and black. But the tea world is much wider and richer, it can bring not only the pleasure of taste, but also give great benefits to the body. That is why, for starters, you need to learn about representatives that differ in the most useful properties - turmeric, ginger and cinnamon.
- water - 300 ml;
- ginger grated - 1 tsp;
- grated turmeric or powder - 1 tsp;
- cinnamon (powder) - 1 tsp;
- lemon juice and honey - 1 tsp;
- ground black pepper - 1 tsp.
- Bring water to a boil, add turmeric and ginger to it.
- Let stand for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Strain tea and add black pepper, lemon juice with honey.
Did you know? Turmeric is better absorbed only in combination with black pepper.
- water - 1 tbsp .;
- turmeric - 2 tsp;
- cinnamon - 1 tsp;
- ginger - 2 tsp;
- black pepper - 1 tsp;
- honey - 1 tsp;
- coconut milk - 0.5 tbsp.
- To boil water. Add ginger and turmeric to boiling water.
- Mix well, cover and leave for 15 minutes.
- After time, pour cinnamon and black pepper.
- Then pour milk and honey, stir.
If you drink such a drink regularly, then immunity rises, blood is cleansed, blood circulation improves, complexion improves, blood cholesterol level decreases.
A drink with these spices and milk has an energy effect and due to this it can become a good substitute for coffee in the morning.
- milk - 500 ml .;
- dry ginger - 2 tsp;
- Turmeric - 2 tsp. or 1 stick.
- Pour milk into the container and add all the spices to it.
- Put on a slow fire and let it boil.
- Leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
You can add spices to your taste, starting from your own preferences. You can also use kefir instead of milk.
Important! These drinks are not recommended for 3–4 hours before bedtime, as the components have a diuretic effect.
They will give not only a pleasant aroma and beautiful color to dishes, but also with their regular use, metabolism will improve, the body will get rid of body fat. Using these spices, you can strengthen your body and help it in the fight against excess weight.