The benefits and harms of dried raspberries
All kinds of dried herbal products are the basis of traditional medicine. They allow you to permanently preserve the healing properties of plants, as well as create truly effective remedies against many ailments. However, not every species can boast a special useful property that can really improve the state of health. The article examined in detail whether dry raspberries can be used for medicinal purposes, and the composition of the dried plant is described in detail.
Can raspberries be dried
Raspberries are considered one of the most versatile plants. This bush gives a particularly rich and delicious berry, which has a complex of healing properties, and is also able to green any country site. However, often the products of this fruit species are consumed by the majority in fresh form or as part of a variety of frozen concentrates. But today, dried leaves and bush berries have become an equally popular way of harvesting.
Important! Drying of berries and leaves should be carried out at a temperature not exceeding + 80 ° C, otherwise the usefulness of dried products will decrease significantly.
Such products are not only acceptable, but also indicated for cooking, as they help to preserve the crop for a long time with minimal loss of its useful qualities. With the proper drying process, such products have a higher concentration of vitamins, minerals and other substances than canned food, which is important for maintaining health. In addition, dry berries and raspberry leaves can be stored much longer, therefore, a preparation for the preparation of medicines and infusions can be used for more than one year.
Chemical and vitamin composition
After preparing the dried product, the raspberry berry loses about 70% moisture, but the composition of most active substances becomes almost unchanged, and their concentration increases, which makes the product more healthy. In addition, its calorie content is also considered elevated. The use of only 100 g saturates the body about 250 kcal. This is explained by the fact that the composition of the product contains at least 8% of a mixture of glucose, sucrose and fructose.
Did you know? Raspberries were first discovered in the first century AD, on Mount Ida (territory of modern Greece). Thanks to this, the plant got its Latin name “Ideus”.
Of the vitamins in dry raspberries, high concentrations of vitamins A, C, E, PP, and group B were revealed. Among trace elements, an increased content of magnesium, potassium, ferrum, cobalt, molybdenum, and cuprum can be noted.
In addition, the list of substances contained in the dried fruit should include:
- organic acids (tartaric, malic, citric, salicylic);
- essential oils;
The energy composition of dry raspberries:
|Substance||100 g amount|
Useful and harmful properties
As practice shows, most plant lovers use raspberries as the best remedy for colds. Indeed, all kinds of components of this plant remove toxins formed as a result of the development of infection, reduce fever and help with a sore throat, as well as bronchitis.
- But besides this, they are also useful for:
- improving the condition of the joints and protecting the musculoskeletal system against arthritis and arthrosis;
- the circulatory system, cleansing blood vessels of cholesterol and protecting against hypertension, as well as problems with the heart muscle;
- reducing the effects of stress on the nervous system, as well as enhancing the activity of the brain as a whole;
- normalization of the intestinal tract and digestion;
- pancreas, as a special combination of microelements helps the body cope with insulin resistance and normalize blood sugar levels;
- activation of the reproductive system;
- improving overall health during pregnancy;
- protecting the fetus from premature birth;
- rejuvenation of the whole organism as a whole;
- hormonal system, normalizing the balance of most hormones.
In most cases, dry raspberries and all kinds of products based on it are absolutely safe for the human body, but with daily abuse they can be harmful. First of all, this applies to all prone to gout, since if abused, the fetus can become the main cause of its occurrence.
Did you know? In the territory of Ancient Rus, before the appearance of tea, in the morning they drank a hot "broth" - a drink from dried or fresh cranberries and raspberries.
In addition, often enough drinks and other products can provoke a rash, nausea, headaches, indigestion and other symptoms of poisoning or an acute allergic reaction.
How to make dry raspberries
This berry has been known as a cultivated plant for many years, so dozens of ways to make it and then prepare aromatic and rich dishes are known today. However, not all of them can turn a dried fruit into a truly valuable and effective medicine. In such cases, you should use the simplest and most universal way of cooking.
To brew raspberries correctly, you must:
- About 2 tsp carefully dried berries should be placed in a shallow container and pour 150-200 ml of boiling water.
- The resulting mixture should be covered and insisted for about 10 minutes.
- The infused liquid must be filtered and combined with 1-2 parts of honey. To drink such a drink should be hot, in large sips.
Despite the whole range of useful qualities and special safety, dry berry, all kinds of products and medicines based on it can be harmful.
- It is strongly not recommended to use them in case of:
- gastritis and ulcers, especially in the acute phase;
- all kinds of pathologies of the kidneys and bladder, since the light diuretic effect of raspberries can burden the work of the excretory system;
- calculi in the kidneys and bladder;
- any allergies to the berries themselves or their individual components;
- pregnancy up to 36 weeks, otherwise there is a risk of premature birth;
- any manifestations of gout;
- the use of drugs intended for blood coagulation, since the berry has a thinning effect;
- asthma and polyps in the nose.
Dried raspberries are one of the most valuable foods known to mankind. Just a few tablespoons of berries contain a huge amount of all kinds of vitamins and minerals that are important for maintaining good health and immunity throughout the day.
Important! It is not recommended to use funds on the basis of dried raspberries for children under 3 years old, as this can provoke diathesis and other acute allergic reactions.
However, often this product acts as a strong allergen, so you need to drink it not only with caution, but also with long breaks.