Raspberry tree (standard raspberry) Gold - productivity, reproduction
Growing ordinary raspberries on the site requires frequent pruning, sprouting shoots, which takes a lot of time from the gardener. Forgetting thinning raspberries and some other procedures will help standard types of culture.
Variety of Raspberry Gold Raspberry
One of the advantages of the variety is the yellow color of the fruit: they are not allergenic, pregnant women can use them, it is safe to give them to small children.
Did you know? In the menu of Spanish restaurants you can find such a dish as pink gazpacho. This is a cold soup made from grated raspberries with spices.
The main features of standard raspberries
A stamp means growing like a tree. The central straight trunk is thick and strong, after the correct formation of the culture, it grows like a tree as it grows. Such a plant does not require a garter to support, despite the high growth. It does not spread to the sides, which simplifies care. Raspberry trees, besides fruiting, serve as a decorative decoration of the garden. The yield of such crops is higher than that of ordinary varieties, the berries are larger.
Among the popular standard varieties of raspberries:
The appearance of the variety Gold
The bush grows to an average of 2 meters, thick shoots as they grow older they become a light brown in color. The foliage is bright green, large, slightly wrinkled. Berries on long stalks of large sizes, weighing about 16 g. The yield of the variety is about 12 kg per tree.
The color of the fruit is golden yellow, bright, with a glossy sheen. Small seeds, almost not palpable in taste. The pulp is dense and juicy with a pronounced aroma. Gold has a sweet and delicate taste. Dessert berry is universal in application.
Advantages and disadvantages of the variety
- Among the advantages of the raspberry tree Gold are such qualities:
- high productivity;
- early ripening (early summer);
- excellent taste;
- unpretentiousness in leaving;
- disease resistance;
- frost resistance;
- lack of spikes.
The disadvantages include the high cost of planting material.
You can plant a standard culture in the spring before the movement of juices in plants and in the fall. Around the beginning of October, in order to manage to start before the frost. A plot for autumn planting is prepared in mid-August, and for spring - in the fall.
Raspberry is a heat-loving culture, it needs a site that is open to sunlight for most of the day. An ideal option for landing is a place near the wall of a building or a high fence, stepping back a meter. The depth of groundwater is not higher than 2 m from the surface, because raspberries do not like waterlogging.
Important! You can not plant after Bulgarian pepper, tobacco and other solanaceous plants: late blight and other fungi will remain in the soil.
The soil structure is loose, acidity is neutral or slightly acidic. Before planting, fertilizer is applied to poor soil - humus or compost. Suitable precursors for Gold are legumes and fodder cereals, herbs, onions and garlic.
Seedlings need to be looked for in proven horticultural facilities, in nurseries to be sure of a purchase. The difference between the standard variety from the usual one is in thicker shoots.
A healthy seedling has a developed root system with many flexible processes, the length of the roots is not less than 15–18 cm. The plant must have several buds, swollen, but not opened.
Landing and care
Landing holes are dug, focusing on the size of the root system. When applying fertilizers during preparation, the nutrient mixtures are not put in the pit.
Further landing pattern:
- Under the condition of planting several plants between them, you need to leave a distance of half a meter, and between the rows - about 2 m.
- The seedling is placed in the hole, straighten the roots and fall asleep with the remaining soil.
- When planting, you need to ensure that the root neck remains at a level with the surface of the soil.
- After planting, the soil around the trunk is squeezed to get rid of air voids and irrigated.
Frequent watering of raspberries is not required, once a week 10 liters of water are poured under the bush. If the summer is dry, the interval between watering is reduced to 4 days. It is especially important to water in time during flowering and fruit formation. After watering, the soil is loosened so that moisture and air better flow to the root system. Weeding is essential: weeds thicken the planting and increase the risk of disease.
Fertilize raspberries Gold three times a season:
- in early spring - urea 40 g / 10 l of water, watering the soil;
- the second time - before fruiting 40 g of potassium sulfate and 50 g of superphosphate per 10 l of water;
- after harvesting - 50 g of potash and phosphate fertilizers are embedded in the soil.
Video: how to grow a raspberry tree
Pest and Disease Control
In the spring, preventive spraying with copper-containing preparations is carried out to prevent the appearance of insects and diseases. Sanitary pruning after winter and thorough loosening of the soil before and after wintering are also important.
In case of attacks of insects or pathogenic organisms, there are reliable ways to combat:
- Bactofit - a biological product with a large spectrum of action, effective against most fungal diseases of the culture, including root and fruit rot. A working solution for spraying is prepared in a proportion of 10 ml / 10 l of water. You can use the product all season.
- Beetles, flies and gall midges are destroyed with the help of wide-spectrum insecticides. Most drugs are used only until the flowering period. Agravertin (6–8 ml / 1 l of water), Confidor (1 ml / 10 l of water) are effective against insects.
Did you know? Raspberry — one of the most convenient honey plants: a flower cup looks down, it is convenient for bees to collect honey, and during rain, stipules serve as a kind of canopy.
Standard varieties propagate vegetatively:
- Root cuttings. They dig out the bush on one side, carefully cut off part of the root with an shoot, on which there are at least 2 buds. Rooted in moist soil under a film cover.
- Green cuttings. Part of the young shoot is cut to 10 cm long, the top is cut off at an angle and placed in the ground in a greenhouse. Once rooted, transplanted to a permanent place.
- Propagation by root shoots. Thin shoots with an existing root system grow near adult bushes. They are carefully dug up and transplanted into a selected place, taken care of as an adult bush.
Pruning and wintering
One of the care procedures is pruning a tree. For raspberry trees, double pruning is appropriate. The essence of the procedure is in the formation of only one shoot of substitution. It is cut at the end of spring, shortening by 15 cm. For the winter, 5 side shoots are left. In the spring, the second part of the procedure is carried out: side branches are shortened by 10 cm.In the middle lane, Gold does not need shelter for the winter. In regions with harsh winters, the bush is bent to the ground, but they do it gradually over several days, so as not to break. The bent plant is covered with agromaterial.
Video: Shtambovaya raspberry bush formation
Harvesting and transportation
Berries are picked in early July. Cleaning takes about two weeks. The bushes do not have thorns, so it is not complicated by anything. Berries, as a rule, are easily removed from the stalk, do not flow. Gold tolerates transportation well, it is stored fresh for no longer than 3 days at room temperature, and in the refrigerator for about 5 days.
Growing standard crops is a strength for beginners. Raspberry is resistant to weather conditions, to diseases, it has excellent productivity.