Raspberry varieties Orange Miracle: characteristic features, agricultural technology
Most varieties of raspberries have bright red or burgundy shades of berries. But there are varieties that are characterized by apricot fruits. These include repair raspberries of the Orange Miracle variety.
History of selection of a yellow repairing variety
The Orange Miracle variety is a relatively early variety. She was bred in the late 1990s. The famous breeder I.V. Kazakov worked on the creation of the species.
At the beginning of the XXI century. this variety of repair raspberries was included in the State Register of the Russian Federation. Based on the description, it is zoned for landing in the middle zone of the country, in particular, for the Moscow region.
Did you know? If you translate the word "raspberry" from the Latin language, then literally it sounds like "red Ida". Red — this is the most common shade of raspberry varieties. And here is Ida — This is the name of the Greek nymph. For the first time, culture was discovered on about. Crete by Pliny the Elder.
Description and characteristics of the variety
If we consider the description of the variety Orange Wonder, then it is not very different from other popular varieties. This species belongs to crops with medium maturity. The first fruits ripen in mid-July. Bushes of medium height within 1.5–1.7 m. On upright branches there are a large number of spikes that bring discomfort during harvesting.
During active fruiting, when a large number of large berries are formed, the branches can bow to the ground. Each bush consists of 5-7 shoots. Leaves of medium size, dark green. Their surface is wrinkled, and sharp teeth are located at the edges.
Based on the description of the appearance of the berries, the following characteristics are noted:
- Cone shape with a round tip.
- The fruit is up to 5 cm long and weighs between 8–10 g.
- The surface is covered with a velvet coating of light gray hue.
- During technical ripening, the berries of the remont raspberry have an orange or yellow hue.
The pulp of the fruit is juicy, dense. Taste good. Sweetness and acid are felt equally. Each berry contains a large number of small drupes, which are not felt during the consumption of products.
Did you know? In Europe, the most common varieties are considered to be repair varieties with yellow or red berries. But in America, raspberries with black fruits were bred, and it is the most popular among American farmers.
Advantages and disadvantages
- When considering the description of the variety of repairing raspberries Orange Miracle, the following advantages are noted:
- oversized berries with an increased amount of juice in the pulp;
- stable yield indicators;
- unpretentiousness in leaving;
- high winter hardiness;
- not affected by most fungal diseases;
- pest resistance;
- universality of use;
- berries do not fall when ripe;
- the possibility of long transportation.
There are few drawbacks in this popular form. The main ones are a small number of shoots that are formed from the main trunk, as well as the need for regular tying of bushes.
Video: Raspberry varieties Orange Wonder
Drought resistance, frost resistance
Variety of Repairing Raspberries Orange miracle has high drought tolerance. If you properly care for the bushes, adjusting the number of fertilizing and watering, then the bushes are able to withstand temperatures up to + 35 ° C. Watering the beds is allowed at weekly intervals, which differs significantly from the demands of other crops.
Winter hardiness indicators are excellent. Since this variety is ideal for cultivation in the middle lane of the country and the Moscow region, it is able to withstand early frosts, which reach a temperature of -16 ° C.
Productivity and fruiting
As Orange miracle belongs to the repair crops, the variety bears fruit several times during one season. For the first time, the fruits ripen in early summer, so by the middle or end of June, the gardener will enjoy delicious and healthy fruits. You can collect products within 1-2 weeks. During this time, the berries do not crumble. The second time fruiting occurs in early autumn. The duration of autumn bearing is 2-3 weeks.
The productivity of this crop is high. Based on the feedback from gardeners, up to 4 kg of products are collected from the bush. Accordingly, from 1 ha 2 tons are obtained
Like most other varieties of remont raspberries, Orange miracle planted in early autumn. First you need to take care of the choice of planting material, since the quality of the future crop depends on it.
The gardener must study in advance all the features of the description and the exactingness of the culture in order to provide it with quality care. Follow the optimal planting pattern so that the bushes feel comfortable.
Video: Features of planting and care of remont raspberries
It is impossible to name specific landing dates, since they depend on the type of root system and the climatic conditions of the region. In the northern and western regions of the country, planting is carried out in spring.so that the plant acclimates to the first frosts. In the southern and central regions, planting material can be planted in the fall. Immediately after planting, plants are sheltered to protect against sudden changes in temperature.
Depending on the type of root system, several planting periods are distinguished:
- in April and early May plant bushes with an open root system. It is important to plant them before the sap flow begins inside the stem;
- a month before the onset of cooling, plants with a closed root system are planted, that is, there should be a lump of earth on the roots. This will allow the bushes to adapt in a new place.
Choosing the right place
So that the development of the bushes does not stop, it is necessary to carefully approach the choice of a seat. Bushes are placed on illuminated garden plots so that they do not fall into the shade. The amount of the crop and its palatability depend on the amount of sunlight. Try to land in the southern part of the site, as here is the longest daylight hours.
The orange miracle is not whimsical to the features of the soil, so it is allowed to land in any soil. The highest yields are observed after planting in loamy lands.
When choosing soil, you need to consider some of its features:
- good moisture absorption;
- proper air exchange so that the root system is not affected by diseases.
Important! The acid-base balance of the soil should be no more than 6%. If you ignore this indicator, then the berries will be small in size with a fresh taste.
Selection and preparation of planting material
When the question arises, which seedling is better to use for planting, consider the following recommendations:
- Buy planting material in specialized stores or nurseries. Buying in ordinary markets is fraught with substituting a delicious and original variety for wild game. Also, some seedlings may be affected by diseases or parasites.
- On the trunk of planting material must be at least 3 shoots.
- The maximum shoot length should be 30 cm. Otherwise, the plant will not take root in a new place.
- Make a purchase in September or October. At this time, the juice in the stems moves minimally, so there is a low chance of damage to the seedlings when digging.
The preparation of the footprint consists in its treatment with growth stimulants. The best among them is considered to be "Kornevin" (20 g per 5 liters of water) or "Humate" (50 g per 5 liters of water).A plant is placed in such a volume of solution and left in this position for 3 hours. This will allow him to take root faster after planting. To prevent the root system from becoming rotten, add 200 ml of Ridomil to the growth stimulant solution. This drug will create an invisible protective film on the roots.
There is an optimal step-by-step landing instruction:
- A week before planting, dig holes. Their depth should be 40 cm and a width of 60 cm. Between the pits adhere to a distance of 90-100 cm.
- Between the rows, the distance should be 2 m, so that the bushes do not intertwine with each other. This will preserve their appearance and facilitate the process of cleaning products.
- 50 g of superphosphate are poured into the wells.
- A seedling is placed inside, placed vertically and sprinkled tightly on the ground. Voids cannot form in the root system.
- Tamp the ground and pour 20 l of warm water on each bush.
Important! Nitrogen components must not be used during well preparation. They will dry the soil, slowing the growth of bushes.
If a farmer decides to cultivate a repairing raspberry Orange Miracle, he must understand that it is not enough to make a proper planting. The quality and quantity of the future crop depends on the care. Water the bushes often and plentifully. It is necessary that the soil after irrigation of the beds is moistened to a depth of 20–25 cm. The lack of water negatively affects not only the size of the berries, but also reduces the taste. As a result, the fruits become acidic.
There are several optimal types of irrigation:
- pouring water into the holes dug around the bushes.
You can not water raspberries under the root. This is fraught with exposure of the root system. So you only accelerate the death of the bush. So that moisture from the soil evaporates longer, mulching the beds is carried out. To do this, cover the near-stem part with a mixture of straw and humus.
If we consider top dressing, then repairing raspberries Orange miracle belongs to those varieties that need a lot of nitrogen, therefore, monthly water the garden plot with cow manure infusion (5 kg per 10 liters of water). During the period of active flowering, plants are watered with a solution of superphosphate (50 g per 6 l of water). A week before the start of fruiting, a potassium solution (100 g per 10 l of water) is added.
There is a whole scheme by which the farmer must fertilize the beds:
- In early April, loosen the soil and bring rotted manure. 7 kg of fertilizer are applied per 1 m².
- In early June, watering is carried out with a solution consisting of humus, nettle and bird droppings. All ingredients are used in equal amounts. For 2 kg of such a mixture, 10 liters of warm water are used. Insist for 2 hours, after watering the bushes. For 1 plant use 3 l of the drug.
- After 20 days, each bush is watered with 2 l of a solution of the drug "Kemira" (200 ml per 6 l of water).
- After harvesting, in mid-October, the bushes are watered with a mixture of superphosphate and potassium (100 ml of each substance per 10 liters of water). On 1 m² use the entire volume of the drug.
Since bushes can deform under the weight of berries, be sure to carry out a garter shoots. You can use both the horizontal and vertical trellis method. The height of the support should be 2 m, and the first garter should be at the level of 50-60 cm. After this procedure, the air exchange between the bushes improves in the raspberry, preventing the development of fungal infections and rotting of the root system.
Tie plants in the spring, before the formation of buds. If you tighten with this process, you can damage the kidneys and reduce yield
The next step in leaving is pruning. It is carried out 2 times per season. The shoots are pruned after harvest. Leave only 30 cm. The second pruning is carried out in the spring. At this time, branches that are frozen or broken by the wind are removed.
Harvesting and storage
Features of fruiting varieties are such that the maximum yield is harvested in autumn.Since the ripened berries are kept on the branches for a long time, you can take your time collecting them. The summer resident has at least 2-3 weeks for cleaning. It is better to collect berries together with the stem, so that the shelf life is increased.
Place the harvest in plastic baskets. It is folded neatly, in no more than 2 layers. So the berries will not choke. The maximum weight of 1 basket should be 3 kg. If you place the products in the refrigerator, then the shelf life will be 7-10 days. It can also be used to create dried fruits or desserts (for this it is mixed with sugar).
There are several ways to help prepare your raspberry orange miracle for winter. The most common preparation is to mulch the garden using conifers and humus. The procedure is carried out at the end of October. The second option is to bend the shoots to the soil. During these actions, you need to connect the bent shoots with each other.
The third way, which will protect plants from frost, is to shelter with a film or leaves. In regions where snowy winters, shelter can be abandoned. Snowdrifts create a greenhouse effect over the soil, which protects against hypothermia.
There is only one way to reproduce remont raspberries. Orange miracle. It consists in using processes of the root system. If the bush does not die after severe winter frosts, then its roots are suitable for propagation.
To get more shoots, it is recommended to remove part of the plant. The central shoot is cut off, which is 2 years old. Pruning is carried out at 10–20 cm. After such preparation, up to 20 processes will form on raspberries.
Diseases and Pests
There are several universal drugs that are used to prevent diseases and parasites. To prevent the development of fungal infections, bushes are treated with Bordeaux liquid (10 g per 10 liters of water). Against bacterial diseases use "Nitrafen" (20 g per 5 liters of water). Prevention from pests consists in regular loosening of the soil, elimination of weeds and spraying with a manganese solution (1 tablespoon per 10 liters of water). The spraying interval is 2 weeks.
Important! If you notice that signs of diseases or parasites appear on the bushes, immediately cut off the affected shoots and leaves. After that, they are burned away from the garden so that the spores do not spread throughout the site.
If we consider methods of combating common diseases and pests, then the following should be highlighted:
- Against white spotting use "Khom" (20 g per 5 liters of water). Processing is carried out a week before flowering and 14 days after harvesting.
- Treatment anthracnose consists in the use of copper oxychloride (50 g per 10 l of water) or “Topaz” (2 ampoules per 3 l of water). The optimal period of spraying is in early June.
- Against rust Bordeaux liquid is used (100 g per 10 liters of water). Treated bushes a week after flowering.
- To get rid of raspberry beetle Spraying with Confidor (20 g per 5 l of water) or Iskra (100 g per 6 l of water) helps. They process the bushes a week before the formation of the buds.
- Elimination raspberry aphids carried out during the flowering and formation of buds. To do this, use a solution of "Actara" (2 ampoules per 5 liters of water) or "Confidor" (50 g per 5 liters of water).
The cultivation of the Orange Miracle variety is simple and does not require large financial or time costs from the farmer. It is enough to follow all the rules for planting and care in order to grow quality products. Be sure to monitor the condition of the bushes. Only they will indicate which elements are not enough for them.
Network user reviews
The berry is very sweet. This would be a sort of yes transportability ... The first berries ripened ... a terrible wind rose, so the whole berry was rubbed on the branches.They just hung rags on the bushes. And when the rain passes, the ripe berry in the branches softens. But nothing, but what a delicious! And the size is very pleasant. Definitely, I will grow this variety further.