Raspberry cough treatment: effectiveness, how to use, contraindications
Raspberries - a bright sweet berry, beloved by many fresh, in baked goods, in various desserts, in the form of jam. And besides taste, it has a lot of healing properties - for example, it helps to cure a cough. More on this later in the article.
Useful properties of raspberries for coughing in children and adults
A cold, including accompanied by a cough, occurs against a background of weakened immunity, a lack of vitamins and minerals in the body. In simple words, a cough is one of the protective mechanisms of the respiratory system and a way to get rid of the accumulation of microbes (sputum), which makes breathing difficult.To facilitate the discharge of sputum from the bronchi and lungs, to get rid of sore throat, doctors recommend warm, plentiful drink for both children and adults. Raspberry tea is perfect for this.
- This fragrant berry due to its rich chemical composition has a lot of useful properties:
- vitamins A and C protect the mucous membranes, help the body produce antibodies;
- tannins have anti-inflammatory and bactericidal effects;
- organic acids act as antioxidants, stimulate the regeneration of cells of the protective system, exhibit an antiseptic, diaphoretic property;
- salicylic acid is an excellent antipyretic;
- Vitamin and mineral composition strengthens the immune system.
Important! The soft action of raspberries will help the child with nasal congestion, without irritating his mucous membrane, unlike aggressive vasoconstrictors.
Popular recipes for traditional medicine
Since ancient times in folk medicine they have been used to treat all parts of the raspberry bush, even root processes.
Fragrant tea is more pleasant to drink than bitter medicine, and for children, to make the drink even tastier and healthier, you can add honey to it. There are 2 popular ways to make such tea:
- From dried berries. Dry fruits in the amount of 1 tbsp. tablespoons put in a thermos and pour 200 ml of hot boiled water. Insist 15-20 minutes. Drink the drink warm 2-3 times a day after eating.
- Fresh berries grate with sugar in a ratio of 1: 2, place in the refrigerator in a glass jar with a tight lid. For medicinal purposes, add to regular tea or boiled water. Drink after meals about 3 times a day.
From the leaves
Infusion of raspberry leaves effectively helps children with a prolonged febrile state. To alleviate it, you need to drink such an infusion up to 5 times a day.
Preparation of a medicinal product:
- Dry leaves (1 tbsp.spoon) are placed in a stewpan and pour 200 ml of boiling water.
- Keep in a water bath for 15 minutes.
- Insist for 1 hour.
- Drink 0.5 cups at a time.
Did you know? Championship in raspberry breeding in Europe is divided between Poland and Scotland. Bred varieties are in demand all over the world. — for example, the Scottish Glen series and Polish commercial varieties Benefis and Sokolitsa.
A decoction of branches
In severe cases of the disease, it is advisable to brew a drink from raspberry branches with flowers. Such a decoction helps to cope with cough and lower the temperature, helps to discharge sputum.
- Pour dry raw materials with boiling water at the rate of 2 tsp / 200 ml of water.
- Insist 20 minutes.
- Drinking warm about 3 times a day, with the obligatory addition of lemon and honey - this will enhance the effect of the drug.
With throat infections (pharyngitis, laryngitis), an infusion of branches as a rinse is useful. For the preparation of 2 tbsp. tablespoons of dry chopped stems pour 200 ml of water (boiling water) and leave for about 45 minutes. Strain the infusion and gargle 3-5 times a day.
Video: Tea made from raspberry branches
Raspberry jam: how to apply
Raspberry jam is in almost every pantry or cellar. To prepare tasty and healthy tea from it is simple: you just need to add 1-2 teaspoons of jam in a glass with boiled hot water and stir. Drink from jam is given to children and adults at night, after which they wrap themselves in a warm blanket.
If the cough is painful, dry, then the jam should be added to a decoction of black elderberry, coltsfoot, or another medicinal plant with expectorant properties.
Did you know? Black raspberry varieties are leaders in the number of antioxidants, for example, the oldest variety Cumberland Breeding USA.
Raspberry roots for cough, ARI and SARS: how to insist
To prepare this product, raspberry roots need to be disassembled into fibers and in a ratio of 1:20 with water to make a decoction. On low heat, the mixture should be boiled for about 45 minutes, and then insisted for 2 hours. To give the drink a taste, you can add lemon, and to enhance the healing effect - honey.
Before drinking, the infusion should be filtered. Do not store the drink for a long time - no more than 2 days in a cool place. You need to drink it instead of tea until the condition improves.
Antipyretic raspberry tea
To urgently lower the temperature without the use of pharmacological preparations, cool-brewed, saturated berry tea is used. To do this, about 30 g of berries (you can frozen) need to pour 1 cup boiling water. He insists quickly, and within an hour it should be drunk still warm enough.
Raspberry, unlike aspirin, is not contraindicated even to the smallest patients, although it contains salicylic acid. In addition, children use this delicious natural medicine with pleasure.
Raspberries with milk
Milk, like raspberries, has a softening and astringent sputum effect. It relieves inflammation, reduces sore throat and sternal pain due to prolonged coughing. The tandem of two products only enhances each other's action. To make a milk drink, you should take milk cooled to a warm state (1 cup), mix with 1 teaspoon of raspberries and drink immediately after preparation.
For adults: raspberries with vodka
Alcohol has the ability to dilate blood vessels and thereby repeats the action of painkillers. Hot alcohol makes the blood run faster, causes perspiration, which removes toxins from the body.
For medicinal purposes, raspberry tincture on vodka should be prepared as follows:
- Pour fresh berries into a glass bowl.
- Pour vodka, covering all the fruits, to the shoulders of the can.
- Put in the refrigerator and let it brew for at least 1 week.
- After adding 1 teaspoon of such tincture to hot tea.
Contraindications and limitations
Restrictions on the use of decoctions and teas with leaves apply to the period of pregnancy: in the first 2 trimesters, drinking tightly brewed hot raspberry tea is not recommended.Raspberry allergies should be treated with caution. Children can use medicines from the age of 8 months, but before that, you should consult with your local pediatrician.
- Raspberry treatment is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- acute form of gastritis;
- gastrointestinal ulcer;
- kidney disease
- urolithiasis disease.
Harvesting raspberries for the future is not difficult, and using it instead of chemical drugs is much more useful. In addition to treatment, this sweet and fragrant berry will saturate the body with vitamins and minerals and will serve as a preventive measure for many ailments.