Removable raspberry tree (standard raspberry) Royalty: characteristic
Stacked raspberry varieties are very popular among gardeners, since with proper care they bring a rich harvest of delicious fruits. The repairing variety Royal Power is a good example of such plants, and in order to achieve maximum effectiveness from its cultivation, it is worthwhile to carefully study the botanical features of the culture and the requirements for planting and further care. What exactly is worth paying attention to - more on this later.
Repairing Standard Raspberry Royalty
The raspberry variety Royal power is one of the most famous among plants of this kind. Due to the possibility of fruiting both on annual and on two-year shoots (maintenance), it is possible to obtain a large number of berries, which, with proper care of the plants, will be of high quality. In order to finally establish oneself in one's choice, it is worth studying the characteristic features of the standard raspberry in general and the botanical description of the Royal authority in particular.
Features of standard raspberries, what is a premium variety
The stem, or tree-shaped raspberry varieties, differ from other varieties in the formation of a clearly visible central part of the bush, often reaching a height of two meters. At the same time, the shoots do not need additional supports or special pruning, since even a large crop will not lead to bending of the branches.
All the berries formed on the bushes are large, with attractive external characteristics and excellent aroma. In addition, most of them are perfect for long-term transportation, without loss of commercial quality (all copies have a dense consistency and do not crumble from shoots when ripe).
Important! Sometimes the term “repairing variety” means an ideal plant for replenishing existing plantations and restoring their productive qualities. Growing, new bushes complement the main assortment of raspberry plantings and do not allow to remain without a crop.
Appearance of the variety Royal power, size and type of berries, productivity
The tree-like bushes of the remontant raspberry varieties Royal power are two-meter slender plants, without characteristic spikes on long shoots. Despite the high and stable fruiting, the branches of the tree-bush do not break under the weight of the berries, but can slightly bend to the ground. All elongated-conical berries are large or super-large in size and weigh 10-15 g each.The pink flesh is fleshy and appetizing, with a bright and rich raspberry aroma. Under standard growing conditions from one bush you can collect from 6 to 10 kg of fruit, containing vitamins A, E, C, D, PP and group B.As in the case of other varieties, the constituent components of raspberries Royal power helps to lower body temperature, improve perspiration, increase the body's resistance to viral ailments and even help strengthen blood vessels.
Advantages and disadvantages of the Royal Power variety
Being a repairing and standard plant, the described raspberry has all the advantages and disadvantages of these crops.
- Its strengths are manifested in the following characteristics:
- large-fruity and brightness of ripening berries;
- high taste properties of the ripened crop;
- the possibility of universal use of fruits (both fresh and for processing for preservation or freezing);
- lack of root growth in bushes;
- high frost resistance (up to -30 ° C);
- the possibility of long-term transportation without loss of commercial quality;
- ease of planting and further care of plants.
Did you know? Raspberry yield largely depends on the availability of apiaries nearby. With regular visits by bees to plantations, it is possible to increase crop productivity by 60-100%.
- As for the minuses of the Royal power variety, the most noticeable will be:
- only a partial harvest in the northern regions of the Russian Federation (given the possibility of fruiting in the autumn, early frosts will not allow the berries to ripen well, which means that you can enjoy the fruits in a shorter period of time compared to the southern regions of the country);
- less sweet in comparison with ordinary, fully bushy raspberries;
- increased importance of top dressing (crop abundance declared by the manufacturer is possible only with the timely introduction of a sufficient amount of nutrients);
- Comparatively late harvest ripening, which is typical for repair varieties.
Compliance with the rules for planting and further care for raspberries of Royal variety is the key to successful cultivation of crops, so each gardener should take into account the nuances of choosing the right territory for raspberries, performing planting measures, the rules for further watering, dressing and pruning plants.
An ideal place for planting any standard raspberry is a place well-lit by the sun, protected from the effects of cold winds and possible flooding by groundwater. In addition, it is worth paying attention to the intensity of snow cover in winter, because the more snow there is, the better the culture will tolerate seasonal temperature drops and frosts.
You can place plants in heaps, choosing plots near fences, verandas or other structures in the household territory. Despite the natural stability of the described raspberries, additional protection from the north side will not be superfluous, though between plants and the barrier should remain at least 1 m (raspberry bushes are always planted from the south side).
Important! Choosing a site for raspberries Royal power, it is worth considering the requirements for crop rotation. Do not plant seedlings after tomatoes, strawberries, potatoes or any other variety of the crop itself, as well as in thickets of fertile trees, which leads to a significant decrease in yield and poor growth.
The soil composition in the selected place must be characterized by increased friability, moderate humidity and moderate acidity, therefore, at elevated values, the soil is lime, spending about 0.5 kg of lime per 1 m² of territory.
Landing and care
Having prepared the selected site properly and having bought the royal raspberry seedlings Royal Power, it's time to start planting the crop, why you should adhere to the following sequence of actions:
- Dig a deep trench (up to 40–50 cm deep) and lay a drainage layer of broken brick or expanded clay on the bottom, and then a mixture of peat, humus, compost and other organics. The dimensions of the landing pit can correspond to 40 × 15 cm.
- Pour ash and mineral fertilizers into the hole with the next layer, and then cover them with the same layer of extracted fertile soil.
- Place a prepared raspberry seedling on an organized knoll of the earth and carefully spread the roots of the plant.
- Fill the well with the soil in doses, periodically shaking the seedling to evenly distribute the soil between the individual roots.
- At the end of the procedure, it remains only to condense the substrate and water the raspberries well, and in regions with excessively hot summers, after spring planting, the place under the bush can be mulched with a layer of peat or wood sawdust for better preservation of moisture.
In the future, watering, top dressing, loosening and mulching of the soil are carried out taking into account the following features:
- The regularity of applying liquid to the soil under the raspberry is determined on the basis of climatic features and the regularity of natural rainfall at a specific time and in a particular growing region. That is, as soon as the soil under the bushes dries well - you can water the plantings. Moisture is especially important during the flowering period of raspberries, the growth and ripening of berries, and given the surface location of the root system of the repairing varieties, the soil beneath them should get wet no less than 10–20 cm.
- Soil cultivation and mulching is carried out shortly after the next wateringas soon as the liquid is completely absorbed into the ground. At the same time, it is not worth deepening the tool strongly (enough depth of 8 cm), since there is always the possibility of accidental damage to the surface raspberry rhizome. Mulching is carried out in the same way as for the first time immediately after planting: the surface is covered with a five-centimeter layer of peat or sawdust, removing it for ventilation once every 1 week. In just one season you need to perform at least 4-6 loosening: the first - until the buds open, and the next as necessary, as soon as a dense crust begins to form on the soil surface or weeds appear. The last time the procedure is carried out in the fall, after the onset of cold weather, which helps to destroy the larvae of harmful insects wintering in the ground.
- For the intensive growth and development of raspberry shrubs with a further plentiful harvest, it is equally important feed bushes in a timely manner, using mineral and organic compounds for this. In early spring, it is better to fertilize the culture with nitrogen-containing substances, introducing humus at the rate of 5-6 kg per 1 m² of territory or using a solution of chicken droppings diluted in water in a ratio of 1:20 (3-5 liters of finished fertilizer will be enough for 1 m² of bed). During flowering, raspberries are fed with phosphorus-potassium compounds, using 50–80 g of superphosphate or 20–40 g of potassium sulfate per square meter of plantings.
In general, these measures will be quite enough at the initial stages of raspberry growing, however, do not forget about the importance of further pruning and possible treatment of the culture from diseases and pests.
Pest and Disease Control
Unlike early summer varieties, late-repairing raspberries are much less likely to suffer from diseases and pests, but this does not mean that preventative treatments can be avoided. To prevent fungal ailments a one percent solution of Bordeaux mixture is used, which is used to treat bushes in early spring.
Plants deserve special attention during flowering and ovary formation, when the presence of pests is especially fatal. All damaged parts are immediately removed, and after collecting suitable fruits, raspberries are again sprayed with a solution of Bordeaux liquid. The specified substance helps to destroy not only adult insects, but also the causative agents of many diseases.
Did you know? The first mention of raspberries dates back to the III century BC. e., and the official name (in Latin) shrub received thanks to Pliny the Elder. Moreover, the definition of Rubus idaeus is used in the literature today.
For the cultivation of standard raspberries Royal power on your site, you can use root shoots or cuttings existing plants. Unfortunately, in the first case, it is not always possible to carry out the plan, since the standard crops rarely form a sufficient amount of the required planting material.
However, this option is considered the simplest, because all that is required of you is:
- Dig a basal process near the base of an adult bush, capturing with it a part of the rhizome of the plant.
- Inspect the root system of the seedling and, if there are no traces of diseases or pests on it, immediately move it to the prepared hole for further growth and development.
- At the end of the transplant process, pruning in the form of a new plant is abundantly watered, and then organizing care as an adult.
If necessary, the formation of a suitable root shoot can be stimulated. To do this, all shoots on a raspberry bush are cut to the surface of the soil and wait for the formation of new parts of the plant, which in the future will serve as a good planting material.Cuttings are another great way to propagate raspberries. In this case, the adult plant is dug up, part of the roots with 1-2 buds is separated, and then the selected planting material is placed in a peat-sand mixture for further germination and rooting. The grown and stronger seedlings will not be ready for planting on the site until next year, but most often the strongest young bushes are obtained from them.
Pruning and wintering
Stacked repair raspberries can bring up to two crops per year, however, this applies mainly to the southern regions of the Russian Federation. If climatic conditions allow, it means that the pruning scheme for raspberry bushes should be selected taking into account such a feature of cultivating the Royal Power variety. So, to collect one but abundant crop after the fall of leaves or in early spring (before buds open), you need to cut all the branches without leaving stumps.
Double berry harvesting involves autumn or spring removal of all shoots that have completed fruiting (painted brown) so that only young green branches with shortened tops remain on the bush (it is enough to cut no more than 15–25 cm from each branch). bushes of the described variety is also possible by performing double pruning.
The first is held in May, but only after the plant reaches a 60-centimeter height. At this time, the bushes pinch and shorten by 5 cm, which stimulates the formation of new branches in the leaf sinuses - the beginning of the side shoots. The second procedure is postponed to another spring, when the same shoots are shortened to 15 cm after branching. In the future, thanks to such actions, new branches are formed, on which a new rich crop is formed.
In most cases, the long branches of the stem-repairing bushes do not tie up to the supports, but if it seems to you that the plant will not withstand the abundance of berries and the branches will break, you can fix them to stakes or trellises (depends on the method of planting raspberries: bush or trench). In the pre-winter period, in regions with significant temperature drops in the cold season, shoots are removed from the supports and bent to the ground, thereby providing their complete shelter when snow cover appears.
It is advisable to carry out the procedure as early as possible (after harvesting), even if small green leaves remain on the shoots. No additional shelter is usually required, although in the case of young seedlings they can be covered with special agrofibre or used for this purpose natural material, such as spruce branches.
Harvesting and transportation
Due to the late fruiting of raspberries, royal power, Harvesting is not done until the end of July or the beginning of August, choosing only sunny sunny days for picking berries. If it has recently rained, then you have to wait until the fruits dry out, as wet berries deteriorate much faster. For the same reason, you should not engage in harvesting in the morning, when there is still dew on the bushes. As for the features of the collection process itself, it is advisable to remove raspberries as carefully as possible, taking care not to crush it with your fingers.
Whole and undamaged fruits, laid in low crates in an even layer, are suitable even for long-term transportation, however, in order to preserve their commercial qualities as much as possible, it is worthwhile to place filled containers in cool conditions for storage, leaving them no longer than 2-3 days. For long-term storage, the harvested crop should be frozen or immediately put into conservation, making jams, jams or compotes.
In general, the Royal variety of royal power can really be considered one of the best solutions for growing in the gardens of most of the Russian Federation. High yields are favorably complemented by the ease of care during cultivation, so even novice gardeners will be able to get a decent result with minimal labor costs.