Ginger root with honey and lemon for children with cough: how to cook and take
Ginger is a universal and natural medicine. The healing properties of this plant allow it to be used for the prevention and treatment of many diseases in both adults and children. The root perfectly increases the defenses of the child's body and effectively fights cough.
Properties and effectiveness of ginger for coughing in a child
Ginger root is an effective, good source of nutrients that will help you quickly get rid of annoying cough.
The use of ginger root protects the body from all kinds of infections, so the plant is effective in preventing colds and coughs.
- The action of the miraculous root of ginger is as follows:
- kills bacteria;
- restores breathing;
- relieves inflammatory processes;
- removes phlegm from the bronchi and lungs;
- eliminates sore throat and chest;
- has an expectorant effect;
- lowers fever;
- strengthens the immune system.
Important! Before proceeding with the treatment of cough with ginger in children, it is necessary to consult a pediatrician.
When coughing, ginger-based inhalations will be effective. For a child’s body, ginger, not crushed in powder, but fresh, will be more useful, it is best to add it to tea or other drinks, it can also be consumed with juice and syrup.
Cough Ginger Recipes
There are many effective recipes based on ginger root. They help to quickly recover from coughing and are easy to prepare. They are not only useful, but also very tasty, suitable for a children's diet.
In order for the root to eliminate the cough as efficiently as possible, it is better to combine it with other, no less useful products. Ginger drink is an effective prophylactic.
For the treatment of cough and other colds, ginger juice is very popular, because it is prepared easily and simply. Ginger juice should be consumed in moderation, 1 tablespoon per day will be enough.
Such a drink is prepared as follows:
- Ginger is washed and peeled.
- Grate or grind with a blender.
- Well wring out and filter.
- The juice is ready.
- You can ginger through a juicer, adding other fruits or vegetables to it.
Cough Syrup with Ginger
Such a tool copes with a cough no less effectively than syrups from a pharmacy. Essential Ingredients:
- ginger juice - 1 tbsp. the spoon;
- water - 1 cup;
- granulated sugar - 0.5 cups;
- saffron or nutmeg to taste.
Having prepared everything you need, you can start cooking syrup in the following sequence:
- Dilute sugar in water, add ginger juice.
- Mix everything and cook over low heat until the mixture thickens.
- At the end of cooking, add saffron or nutmeg.
- Leave the resulting mixture to cool completely.
- Ginger syrup is ready to use.
- It is recommended to use such a syrup several times a day.
Ginger tea with honey and lemon
If the child has a cold, such tea will help bring down the temperature, it will help well in the treatment of cough, severe sore throat.In a difficult period of the disease, it will strengthen the baby's immune system. To make healthy tea, you will need:
- ginger root - a slice;
- lemon - 3 slices;
- honey - 2 tsp;
- boiled water - 0.5 ml.
Add all the ingredients to a large cup, pour hot water, but not boiling water.let it brew and then you can drink it.
Video: Ginger tea with lemon and honey
Tea with Ginger, Lemon and Honey
- peeled ginger root - 30 g;
- lemon - 3-4 slices;
- honey to taste;
- water - 1 liter;
- coriander or clove to taste.
Tea preparation sequence:
- Wash the root under running water and chop.
- In hot water we put ginger root, lemon and all the spices.
- Leave to infuse for 15 minutes and add honey.
- Mix and give the child a drink.
Such tea has the ability to quickly eliminate all signs of viral, colds.
Important! It is always necessary to put honey in teas at the end of preparation, so that the water cools down a little, as it can lose all its healing properties.
Tea with Ginger and Cinnamon
To make healthy tea, you will need:
- ginger root - 1 pc.;
- water - 500 ml;
- sugar to taste;
- leaf tea black or green.
- Pour ginger and cinnamon into pieces with boiling water.
- Put sugar in it and let the drink stand for 15 minutes.
- Strain the infusion and take a healthy drink in small sips, it is advisable to drink half an hour before meals.
Ginger with honey for coughing for children
The main ingredients:
- ginger - 100 g;
- lemons - 3-4 pcs.;
- honey - 150 g.
Step by step recipe:
- Grate ginger, add lemons cut into small cubes to it, chop everything with a blender.
- Add honey to the mixture, mix everything.
- The prepared folk remedy is ready for use. It can be stored in a cool place or refrigerator.
- It is recommended to give such a folk remedy to children for coughing, twice a day for 1 tablespoon.
Ginger with milk and honey.
For cooking, you should prepare the following ingredients:
- fresh milk - 1 cup;
- ginger juice - 0.5 tsp;
- honey to taste.
Preparing a drink is easy:
- Boil milk, add ginger juice to it. Insist for 15 minutes.
- Add honey.
- You need to drink such a drink in small sips, 1 glass per day.
- It helps with colds, coughs, sore throats.
Alternative methods of treating children for cough with ginger
The pharmacy sells a lot of drugs that treat cough. But not all of them are beneficial for the child's body. As a rule, such drugs are not natural, are subject to chemical treatments, an alternative to such drugs is ginger root.
Tinctures based on this plant have an expectorant effect. Its beneficial properties help cleanse the airways and relieve pectoral muscle tension. For an even greater effect in the fight against cough, ginger is taken not only as a tincture, with it compresses and even prepare candies
It is necessary to prepare:
- grated ginger;
- olive oil;
- clean napkin.
The sequence of preparation of the medical compress:
- Grate the ginger root with a grater.
- Mix oil, honey, flour and combine with grated ginger, mix everything thoroughly.
- Apply the resulting mixture on a cloth or napkin and wrap it with gauze so as not to cause a burn on the body.
- Place in the chest or on the back, after which it should be attached with a patch.
- Children should apply no more than 3 hours at bedtime, while adults can be left overnight. The tool has a warming effect.
Video: Cough compress
Inhalation with ginger essential oil
Ginger essential oil has a beneficial effect on the respiratory tract, kills pathogenic bacteria, so it’s good to inhale with bronchitis. Ginger inhalations with a dry cough will help, soften the throat, have an expectorant effect.
Inhalations are carried out as follows:
- Hot water is poured into the dishes.
- 3-4 drops of ginger oil are dripped.
- Breathe this vapor for 7 minutes.
Sweets and candies with ginger root, delicious and most importantly - healthy sweets for children, which can be prepared with your own hands. They cope with sore throats and coughs.
Did you know? To get multi-colored ginger sweets or candies, during the cooking process you should add your favorite jam or juice from fresh berries to the mixture.
- dry ginger - 0.5 tsp;
- honey - 2 tsp;
- lemon - 1 pc.;
- cloves - 4 pcs.;
- icing sugar - to taste.
Step by step cooking healthy, ginger sweets:
- Pour ginger, cloves, sugar into the dishes with a thick bottom, pour lemon juice, mix.
- Put the dishes on the fire and cook, while constantly stirring.
- You need to cook until brown.
- When the mixture is ready, add honey.
- Remove from stove.
- Grease silicone molds.
- Pour the resulting caramel.
- You can roll sweets into balls, sprinkle with powder to taste.
How to take
Ginger is often compared to garlic. But ginger root has excellent taste and smell, and most importantly - the child eats it with pleasure. Ginger is considered the best choice for baby food. It is useful to take it fresh, to freeze in a freezer or in dried form.
Ginger teas should be given to children warm, 3-4 times a day. Also, this healing plant can be added a little to other favorite drinks for kids. It is good to add ginger juice to warm water for children to gargle.
Did you know? If you add ginger root to meat dishes, they will be more aromatic, and the meat is softer.
Ginger therapy contraindications for children
Ginger is of great benefit to the body as a whole.
- But even this useful plant has some contraindications:
- it is not recommended to take ginger root in chronic diseases of the stomach;
- kidney stones;
- with heart failure and arrhythmias;
- very high temperature;
- skin diseases, rashes;
- liver diseases;
- individual intolerance;
- children under the age of 3 years.
Ginger is one of the beneficial plants that not only heals, but also protects the baby's body from viruses. Parents who included this healing root in their children's diet were convinced that it really prevents colds. Making recipes based on ginger is quite simple, but they are a huge storehouse of vitamins for the body.